Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Importing a Full Auto capable marker

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
With a well adjusted trigger (and a well-adjusted finger) on a storm you can reach at least 13-15bps on semi. With the right touch on the trigger of my e-force (a cheap semi-only frame on piranhas) you can get over 10bps without moving your finger (I can get about 8bps that way, but I've seen better.) No, it's not auto, just an effect of a light trigger and a bit of recoil. The storm trigger is a bit more difficult to adjust, but when it's done right it's at least as good.

So yes, it makes the law concerning full-auto silly, but that's because it falls under general UK firearms law, and there's no chance of getting any of that changed any time soon. On the other hand, it does mean that you don't need full auto or turbo to get an insane ROF on almost any electro frame.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Like I said, I don't have access to a storm so I can only be vague, but somewhere under the grip (yes you have to remove the grip apparently) is a 5/64" allen key screw to adjust the trigger pull. Too long and you're moving your finger further than necessary, too short and the microswitch won't operate reliably. Adjust it until you have the best feel for your style, but making sure it fires reliably every time you pull the trigger (you don't need gas to test that, if you can here the sear click when you pull the trigger you know it's working.)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Greetings.
The reason you cant have a full auto capable paintball gun, is, as my frinds have highlighted (yo guys) because: Paintball guns in the UK are classed as airguns. any airgun that produces more than 12 foot pounds of muzzle energy (about 360 feet per second velocity with a ball) is then a section 1 firearm (requires a licence). Then, any firearm capable of loosing more than one round per pull of the trigger, is a section 5 Firearm (not for public ownership).
Your way around this is to purchase another board which you can leave in the states and then swap them when you get there.
If you had the board in this country, it would be tantamount to having, said illegal firearm.
the average "PIG" as you so eloquently put it, may not be able to tell the difference and may not be likely to raid your house. But, when you spunk full auto paint down the garden and your neighbour wonder what the f*ck is going on, they might turn up. Then,they can send your marker to the more than capable ballistics department who will then slap you with a court case.
Get another board, leave it in the states!
Cheers
gaz

spyderflashlcd23

Watch out your gunna get
Oct 14, 2002
High Wycombe, Bucks
Visit site
OK!!!!!!!!!!! I get your point, where could i get a new board?????

Plus where could i get instrctions on changing it cause i dont want to be paying for a service to insert/takeout a board 3 times a year.

Oh (we will give the "PIGS" a little more respect this time) the police wouldnt barge in the house without a warrent anyways, plus if some neighbour called the police i would just say that it wasnt me, (if people can get away with haveing weed smelling breath and breathing on police with it, im sure i could pull off this small lie) plus i wouldnt be stuid enough to shoot at soe coke can the the back garden.

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
OK so you are playing with your marker in England and you manage to shoot someone in the eye. No doubt there will be an enquiry of some sorts (insurance companies at least) It turns out your marker is illegal. The person you injure sues you. You get busted by the police and could do ten years for it. A big enquiry into paintball ensues and there is a good chance we say bye bye to the sport.

Skeet

Platinum Member
You could get a new board from the manufacturers.
changing it is probably a case of opening the grip (if the board lives there) undo a couple of screws, unplug a plug and pull it out.

How hard to get do you think a WARRANT would be in the afore mentioned senario? Not very.

You dont want the hassle, WE as a community, dont want the hassle and WE as TAX payers,dont want to have to pay for keeping people in prison.

So thats why we recommend people dont do it.
Cheers
Gaz