Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Importing from the UK - an experiment!

Brown

doing toad
o.t.e walk ons

benfrain I`ve played the walk ons at congleton a couple of times and played the wrexham one earlier this year, well worth the 200 mile round trip :cool: you can rent stuff too for an extra £3 a couple of my mates have their own masks ...got to be the first thing anybody buys :D and they rent the marker and other stuff. If your still after a co2 bottle with all the trimmings give Chris a ring at Danger Zone on 0114 285 2477 he should be able to cut you a good deal.

the first casualty of paintball is your wallet

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Finally Arrived!!!

Well, after many many mails to Canadian Paintball (all promptly answered mind) the goods have finally arrived with me today! That's nearly 7 weeks since I first p[laced the order...

Yes, I did get charged for tax and handling etc which was £45.44

Was it worth it? I don't think so. I may have saved a couple of quid on the prices that were available in the UK at the time but look how long it has taken for the stuff to arrive!

I simply don't have the patience to wait that long for something. Therefore, in the meantime I had ordered a IR3, Angel AIR, Vforce gogs and bought a second hand 12v revy which I have converted to intellifeed!

So now it is finally here, I don't actually need any of it and it is for sale or sold in the classified section!

Hopefully this will help anyone curious about importing to the UK. It may cost you a few extra quid but a least you can go and look at the marker somewhere and take it away there and then. I am fairly certain that had I seen the Dragun at Planet in the flesh I would have simply bought it and averted spending stupid amounts of money on an IR3!

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Wow! 7 weeks!

Longest I've had to wait for phantom bits from Mike at CCI is four days!

Is there any way of telling where the major part of the delay was caused? i.e. was it the method of shippingor did H.M. Tax Collectors have it sitting in their warehouse for yonks?

BTW - I think all the curious parties appreciate you running through this experiment, especially as we don't havea situation of parity in either price or range of stuff in the UK. ;)

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
This whole thread is an education, and thans to Benfrain for keeping us updated as to the time taken, and the whole process. It has certainly opened my eyes to importing goods.

What I think is more interesting is the change in your personality over the whole 7 weeks. You started off as a new player, only a few games experience as I remember rightly, with limited paintball knowledge and have now bought an IR3 with Angel AIR :D I am not having a go at you, just think its amusing how paintball changes people, usually for the poorer :D :)

Last time I ordered something from the USA was before Smartparts Europe was open, and I got a limited edition Shocker. The order came to about £750, but I got hammered for import tax, and VAT which came to an additional £200 or something :( Since then I get everything from the good old UK.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
LOL! Yes, I tend to get a little bit obsessive about things I like (Video equipment, Apple Macs, Mini Cooper's and now Paintball!) so I have been on one hell of a learning curve over the last 7 weeks! Everyone here has been very helpful though and I don't think there is much techno-paintball speak that I don't understand anymore!

With regards to kit, I perhaps went ott - waiting for it to arrive, in the end I just thought, well I may as well get one of the best there is and then I won't have to waste anymore time thinking about getting something better - and blaming any poor performance on my tools!

One quote that somebody on here had which I'll always remember...

The first casualty of paintball is your wallet! :D