Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

improving speed

ChrisPaye

Feb 6, 2005
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone read the article in PGI where Max Lundqvist discussed how to improve you're speed. I tried back ordering it but I got an issue I already had, not an entire loss, i just gave it to one of my buddies. I'm still going to get the backorder, just wondering if anyone could tell me what exercises he recommended so I can get a head start before the two weeks it takes for the mag to get to the states.

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
well I don't know exactly which exercises he suggested, but I know a lot of american football running backs use hill sprints. It helps increase speed and can help with agility. If you think how fast and agile running backs are then it will help a lot in paintball. There is loads of info on the web about hill sprint training. Hope this helps.

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
My school does Sprint Tranin, in effect sprinting differect distances (max 100m) loads of times. This helps on both ur general speed, an for game stamina as u are constantly sprinting about!!

Just RUN RUN RUN!!

LiQUiD

Eric Parker!!!
Jul 1, 2003
UK
Okay, i just dug out the copy and here are a few of the tips in it

1:As Charlie said, hill sprints. Basically run up a really steep hill about 20 metres up it, in a low, forward leaning position.

2:High legs. Take as fast and high steps as possible over 20 metres and emphasize the range of motion in your arm swing.

3:Jumping squats. This needs to be done while holding weights on your shoulders. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Go down slowly and then jump up as high as you can.

4: Frog Jumps. Jump as high as you can and try to make them about 4 to 5 feet. Do 10 - 15 jumps up hill.

etc....etc......

Dan

Hairbear89

Cornwall Paintball Club
Sep 25, 2004
Cornwall
Look around Google for some athletic sites or similar. They tend to give you a good plan to follow. Also basketball sites are good as well, they focus quite a bit on leg work for jumping, which will also increase speed.
Also don't focus too much on the stride length, I used to do triple jump and if I focused on the stride too much then I would lose the natural rythm and speed. :)

Russ