Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

improving speed

Pinchaaaay!

London Nexus - #77
The Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton, or Bleex, is part of a US defence project designed to be used mainly by infantry soldiers.

The device consists of a pair of mechanical metal leg braces including a power unit and a backpack-like frame.

More than 40 sensors and hydraulic mechanisms calculate how to distribute weight just like the nervous system.

These help minimise the load for the wearer.

A large rucksack carried on the back contains an engine, control system and space for a payload.

"There is no joystick, no keyboard, no push button to drive the device," said Homayoon Kazerooni, director of the Robotics and Human Engineering Laboratory at the University of California.

Brace yourself

The Bleex exoskeleton has a small, purpose-built combustion engine built into it. On a full tank the system should be able to run for up to two hours.

The device's leg braces are attached to a modified pair of army boots and connected to the user's legs.

In the lab, subjects have walked around in the 45kg (100lbs) exoskeleton plus a 31.5kg (70lbs) backpack and reported that it felt like they were carrying little over 2kg (5lbs).

"The design of this exoskeleton really benefits from human intellect and the strength of the machine," said Dr Kazerooni.

The project has been funded by the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa).

But Dr Kazerooni thinks the exoskeleton could be used with equal success by firefighters.

"They're really good, it turns out, at enabling firefighters, soldiers, post-disaster rescue crews to carry heavy loads over great distances for hours," he said.

All you need to know............but if u need to know more just e-mail the russian legion, i'm sure they wear something akin to this! ;)

"Pinchaaay!"

"Pinchaaay!"

fred1

***fessional Heckler
Sep 25, 2003
GVA Massive
www.rodeurs.ch
I was looking this up on the net recently and the article I read explained that the type of muscle developed for sprints and endurance is a little different and that come a certain age the only way to really develop the necessary muscle to increase speed is through weight training and hill sprints..... I think its a question of elasticity, strength and nerve memory. Of course posture is really important. It can be interesting to go to your local track and field club and get help from a professional. Sprinting is a potentially dangerous training and you have to be careful not to injure yourself. Here are a couple links.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=fitness&spg=display&articleid=46694

http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/dash.htm

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/agilitydrills.html

http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/speed.htm

baffy

to get faster to need to do weight training coz there are 2 types of muscle fibres slow twitch and fast twitch, slow twitch are best suited for endurance and fast for short but fast running and weight training strengthens your fast twitch fibres.apparantly

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Guys by profession I am a Strength and Conditioning coach and work with mostly rugby teams but football and am going to try to move into do some paintball training soon. If anyone would be interested in me taking a fitness session for them or their team I am SURE I can help. And please don't believe everything you read or what "experts" at the gym might say 90% of the time they are wrong. I have extensive training, a degree and large quantities of experience in the sports field I really know my stuff and the science behind it.

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
Originally posted by john251282
Guys by profession I am a Strength and Conditioning coach and work with mostly rugby teams but football and am going to try to move into do some paintball training soon. If anyone would be interested in me taking a fitness session for them or their team I am SURE I can help. And please don't believe everything you read or what "experts" at the gym might say 90% of the time they are wrong. I have extensive training, a degree and large quantities of experience in the sports field I really know my stuff and the science behind it.
couldn't you give us a little taster of what your sessions would be like before we commit? :)

ps. nice advert ;)

The guy down at my gym recommended doing an averague run on the treadmill for 5 minutes then going up to full speed for as long as you can take it (about 3 - 5) then back down to the run and just repeat that for abbout 3 times, and also doing both of the sitting leg exercises, you know the ones, making 3 sets of 6 reps on a heavy weaight (as lots of reps on a low weight will just tone your muscles not build them)

I dunno if it helps but when walking somewhere and nobody is looking I sprint as fast as i can between two trees (about the distance to a secondary) and then rest for the same distance, and then do it again, of course doing maybe a jog beforehand so as not to pull anything

HTH, i look forward to more ideas as this is what im focusing on atm :)
-thanks to poster of those links as well, they're really helpful :)

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
I can't really tell you what they would be like as they would be different for each person/team. You may want to work on different areas to others, bring weaknesses up to scratch or push your advantage on your strengths. Each sessions would be totally tailor made to you/your teams requirements. But I can tell you that if you/ your team is ok with it I can push you harder than you think possible and give improvements you thought could never be achieved.

If anyone is interested let me know

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
And your mate down the gym is a fair way off the mark and he is what I would call an "expert".

Just as an example, i would use some sprint times but I don't have the numbers to hand, I have taken young guys 21-29 who have been training for about 7-8 months and they think they are doing really well having got their bench press up to 50kg. I took over their training for 5-6weeks and got it to 80kg. And they are much higher than that now. They had been following what they thought was really good advice and had picked up some criminally bad habits along the way, as soon as I got rid of the bad habits and showed them how to do it correctly they were making huge gains in strength almost weekly.