In despair.... R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
His charictaristicaly mild comedy value was what made him so special i think, "look at this little blighter" "If i just poke him with this stick" ect. :D I think any jokes people are making from this are more in an affectionate manner than anything else in the way that Mr Irwin came across as the type of guy that would have found it funny himself.

ego

oihlk
Jul 24, 2006
London
I dont think any joke about his death is funny...and i bet he wont either..hes just left his 2year old daughter, 8year old daughter and his wife...any joke that is made about his death is personally far from comical.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...and you have NEVER made any jokes that involved people dying? Exactly!

You didn't even know him - so lighten up for Christ's sake (oh no, there goes the Christian element after my head now :rolleyes:).

As for him achieving more than me - well, if pi55ing about with deadly animals is a life achievement - then yes he has - as I, for one, would rather see them from a safe distance rather than intice them to bite, claw, sting me!

DS - are you in love with this guy? Sounds like it to me. Crikey! It's time to open the closet door mate!

If he is to be given a state funeral in Oz - then I uppose that just shows the mentality of Australians!

A

ash22

ego said:
hes just left his 2year old daughter, 8year old daughter and his wife
before i say what i am going to say i dont mean to cause offence to anyone.

There are newborn babies that lose their mother when they are born, how do you think they feel to grow up without a mother. I didn't get to meet one of my grandparents, but i got over it. Also, if you ask me this forum isnt really a suitable place for this topic.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Someone's dad was decapitated by an ill-tempered mutated seabass while serving as a henchman in Dr Evil's private army. Made me sick to the bone when I saw the footage. Sick to the bone. Sold my shares in them straight away.

Tragedy everywhere you look these days. I won't start going on about it and talking rubbish though. That would be totally out of place in this thread...

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
hmmm - mutated seebass - nice ;).

And this still isn't the weekend! Have the Mod Gods stil got hang-overs from CC?

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I was pretty gutted upon hearing of his death. He was one of the world's great conservationists, and thats the truth. He got his message across to people by acting crazy.

I dont think he was crazy for a second. I have him pegged down as a shrewd and calculating sonofabitch. To work that long with dangerous animals in the way he did and not die is a testament to that.

Conservation and the environmental causes have lost one of their greats.

badd701

EGO = GOD
Jul 5, 2006
nailsea,bristol
at least he died doing what he loved. i used to watch all of his shows it sucks so much that there wont be any more or anything with him in he was a great guy and i hope he gets a kick ass funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.