Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

In need of help regards Cockers...

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
So as the title says, i am looking for some advice regarding cockers.

I have persuaded my self to part with some money and invest in a cocker, I quite like the way they shoot, and sound.
I know this much:
Mech would be best to start with, and cheaper then a Electric.

However as a bit of a 'DIY' kinda guy is it hard to build one ? Expensive ?
I had the idea if i was to learn about them why not try the hands on approach and get a shiny cocker at the end ? (That's if it all goes to plan)

So any advice, help and break downs of dos, dont what i will need, etc will be welcomed with open arms :)

Thanks, Cam

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Major learning curve to build one
My personal advice is to get a nice standard autococker and play with it for a while, dry fire and watch the workings

Simple advice is to not touch the timing, when feeling adventurous consider adjusting one thing up, down and back to how it was
But beforehand check youtube etc for timing autocockers

If you fancy something different get a drop-in pump kit(firstly noting the generation of autococker so you get the right kit)

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
CameronS: 1559375 said:
So as the title says, i am looking for some advice regarding cockers.

I have persuaded my self to part with some money and invest in a cocker, I quite like the way they shoot, and sound.
I know this much:
Mech would be best to start with, and cheaper then a Electric.

However as a bit of a 'DIY' kinda guy is it hard to build one ? Expensive ?
I had the idea if i was to learn about them why not try the hands on approach and get a shiny cocker at the end ? (That's if it all goes to plan)

So any advice, help and break downs of dos, dont what i will need, etc will be welcomed with open arms :)

Thanks, Cam
Just finished my first cocker build and I was a complete novice when i started. Slightly less novice now so any help you need then give me a buzz

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Thank you for the help :) Going to shoot a few first to see which I prefer and then go from there.

@olliewiddm- Was it hard ? is it more expensive then just buying one ?

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Thank you for the help :) Going to shoot a few first to see which I prefer and then go from there.

@olliewiddm- Was it hard ? is it more expensive then just buying one ?
Its not too difficult, youve just got to use youtube and the online guides. Techpb does a brilliant video on youtube called the autococker show of death that explains stripping and assembly, timing, sweetspotting, everything. There is also a guide on pbnation on how to build an autoCocker in the autococker section.
But yes, it is far more expensive to build one than buy one. You can buy them fairly cheaply but buying parts etc which often have to be imported from America costs a fortune. However, if you build one then its yours, its custom to you which is very satisfying.
www.customcockers.com is also a good place to go

Reactions: CameronS