Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

increased speed limit to 80mph, is it enough.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
80mph works well in france, when i was out there, they have signs to decrese it on wet days etc and people seemed to stick to the limits.
if they increase they limit to 80mph they need to make the fines more severe for going over it, otherwise it could just be a stepping stone towards the 100mph mark
and unfortuantly not everyone can control themselves at that speed no matter how good they think they are.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
plus there's always things you don't have control over, tyres blowing out, animals dashing onto the road, the other idiots on there, bits falling off other peoples cars, oil on the road, regardless of your skill if things go wrong you've more chance of not dying at a lower speed.

Cowface - just noticed your post, hope that isn't in a delorean, if it is be careful not to sabotage your own parents marriage....

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well it's all a bit of common sense but some roads in the UK are perfectly safe for doing 90 or thereabouts, and some pure and simply are not. it's quite clear for me driving home from cpps where even in moderate levels of traffic on the m6 the crowd is generally shifting at 80-100, however getting to the lake district and such even 70 is pushing it on some parts of the road. perhaps it would make more sense to follow the german system already mentioned so that those easy roads can have a higher speed, but the more dangerous need to be slowed down and enforced with average speed cameras and the like. i'm sure many people say it but it's not me i'm worried about, it's the muppet in his transit flying past at 110 in the pouring rain that makes me worried.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
well it's all a bit of common sense but some roads in the UK are perfectly safe for doing 90 or thereabouts, and some pure and simply are not. it's quite clear for me driving home from cpps where even in moderate levels of traffic on the m6 the crowd is generally shifting at 80-100, however getting to the lake district and such even 70 is pushing it on some parts of the road. perhaps it would make more sense to follow the german system already mentioned so that those easy roads can have a higher speed, but the more dangerous need to be slowed down and enforced with average speed cameras and the like. i'm sure many people say it but it's not me i'm worried about, it's the muppet in his transit flying past at 110 in the pouring rain that makes me worried.
Hey, in my defence it was 108 and just drizzling ffs.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

;)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
driving to cpps a couple of months back at half 5 in the morning with the sun already up and no rain etc i was perfectly happy sitting there at around 90. hardly any cars around or anything, apart from the bird that hit my car leaving its blood and guts all over my bonnet but yeah, as said already i think a variable speed limit would be the best.

Reactions: Dobby

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
driving to cpps a couple of months back at half 5 in the morning with the sun already up and no rain etc i was perfectly happy sitting there at around 90. hardly any cars around or anything, apart from the bird that hit my car leaving its blood and guts all over my bonnet but yeah, as said already i think a variable speed limit would be the best.
In a saxo :eek: God you are brave :eek::eek::eek:

Dobby

CPPS Ref
Feb 14, 2010
Manchester
I think we both **** our pants a little bit when you hit that Bird!