The Home Of European Paintball

Indoors Paintball Field, Advice Needed

Rudeboy

Old Bulgarians team
Mar 5, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

I could really use some advice from field owners or people who are knowledgeable about managing indoor fields.

My business associate and I have been in the sport for quite some time (both as players and field managers). We used to have an outdoor paintball field and we are now thinking of opening an indoor field in a shopping mall. However, we do realize there are some major differences between managing indoor and outdoor PB facilities.

The biggest concern we have at the moment comes from using paint in closed areas. My partner is quite confident that doing so would result in us being kicked out, because the used paint would eventually soak in into the artificial turf and start to both mold and more problematically - smell.
Given, that we are talking about a space that used to be a Tesco-alike store, there will be no natural air flow (i.e. wind) or any way of purifying the air by opening massive windows, wall panels, etc. We would be relying only on the excising ventilation.

My question here is whether there is a way to prevent the formation of mold underneath the turf and avoid the typical old paintballs scent of carrion ?

Also is there something else we might find significantly different in the setting up and management of an indoor field when compared to outdoor ones? As currently we can only find major benefits and minor inconveniences.

Our alternative is to open a reball center, which would be much easier to set up and manage, however, less attractive and therefore - most likely less profitable.

Any advice would be much appreciated :) !

PS: Apologies if this is the wrong section, however, I figured the queries section is the place to post this.

Kindest Regards,
Plamen

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
@Rudeboy, from a customer point of view, all the indoor paintball sites I have visited over the years have been expensive to open, a nightmare to run and have all closed down after making a loss. There was a dedicated Reball indoor site a while back. That went bust too.

I would suggest that if you want to make money more easily, open an indoor airsoft site. There is a huge airsoft market and a shortage of airsoft sites. They have the same obstacles, buildings, cars, etc. that a paintball site would have, but with none of the mess from paint.

Then, once you have made some cash and can afford to lose some, open an indoor paintball site. Then you can compare the two.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Have a Look at Powder filled Paintballs, shoot the same but don`t leave the smell? of course, it is different but you can get away with it ?? >> Good luck with your Venture !! >> Bluey

Reactions: Raffles