Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

infa-red

mako7

ChimpPOWER.
Oct 2, 2003
www.captain.uk.com
its a pretty pointless gimic really though isn't it....

buy some reball... or go and play laser quest.

it isnt gonna simulate real paintball - does the infra red beam move the same speed as a paintball - does it dip after 75meters?

pointless. stupid. toy.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
so why buy reball then? They aren't paintballs and don't perform in the same way either. Different velocity etc..... etc....
For practice..... good for moving and other drills, bringing up fitness levels etc.... maybe not good for 'aim' as such but it'll work for everything else. Plus, you can play game after game without having to clean up etc.....
Not sure about the 'sound activation' thing, if you have to go gas up, it sort of removes some of the convenience of not using paint.
And a paintball dipping after 75 metres wouldn't be too much of a problem on most sup-air fields :)

Anyway, have you seen the 'proper' outdoor laser guns? Our sponsor is looking at them, mainly for groups of younger kids etc.... they look pretty good and it's similar to the stuff the military use to simulate combat, and they have a visible laser.

One thing that always bothered me about laser tag/laser quest etc..... when you went to those places the laser has nothing to do with the game.... it's just cosmetic and was never properly calibrated for 'aiming', you actually hit each other with an invisible infra red beam (like a TV remote and these barrels) which often had an area effect about 3 feet across and was 30 degrees of the actual line of the laser.
The minute those practice rifles from starship troopers are available, I'm out of paintball anyway. Can't be long now :)

mako7

ChimpPOWER.
Oct 2, 2003
www.captain.uk.com
you need a laser gun to bring up your fitness levels?

fair enough if u think its a good idea... i just cant see it approximating a paintball game very well.... besides which the sensor is pretty small... its not like it will call you out if you get hit on your hopper.... :)

if u chrono ur gun at 300 fps using reball how is that gonna have a different velocity to firing at 300fps with paintballs? fair enough they may behave slightly differently but thats gotta be better than a sound triggered " laaaazzzzeeerrrrr "

agreed on the star ship trooper guns though....

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
Originally posted by matski
Arn't you a treat:rolleyes:
:D

Chill mako dude. He`s not forcing you to buy any thing he just posted it up to show people. If you don`t want it don`t buy it.

C.

mako7

ChimpPOWER.
Oct 2, 2003
www.captain.uk.com
i aint meaning to come across as shirty i just think its a bit naff....

like the dude said earlier it would be better if it worked without sound activation.... sounds like a pain in the ass... :D

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
Yeah have to be very carefull with reballs especially indoors........................in your house........smash......there goes the good china then.....;)