Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Input from everyone needed

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Ah did'nt know that it had already been tried :( your right it would'nt take much to adapt to do i'm just lazy :D
I remember when they first bought xball to Europe, and we all had to adapt to the new way of doing all sorts of things pretty quickly, including checking the scoreboard occasionally . You'll get there mate.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I
There was a few teams back then that got dominated due to the different level of play, there was a BIG difference between the teams. Those that were held back stood no chance of getting back on field.
I think I remember the game you are talking about..... (although I could be wrong)

I must tell you that this is the only time this EVER happened and I have been at every single F5 event so far.

This was quickly changed after this event to incorporate the V shaped 'NO GO' area for the opposing team, rather than the straight line, which has never really been tested as it has never happened this way again.

Also, as the series moved on, it was noted that some teams were considerably stronger than others and the events were planned with this in mind, for example, the 'stronger' teams now play against each other in the morning section.

Wingy...

bug

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Essex, UK
Visit site
am I right in saying All games dont count towards points, perhaps they should as I know redskins change tactic against guerillas in the second game and got the rewards with the domination but possibly did not get the rewards in the way of kills and time points

Roquey

Nov 3, 2008
Have to say, was first time playing the event and it was a blast. The Patches seemed a little much, they were counting the kills as people came in anyway so i didnt see much of the point. Maybe im being a bit whiney on my second point but why arnt the bunkers perhaps wiped down between games?i think i had one of two confusements with rub, maybe thats my problem. Had fun anyway even if it was my first time and the 'harder teams played in the morning' :)

mertlesnertz

Mar 9, 2009
Roquey
I think the patches are there for 2 reasons

1 It stops players running onto the field before the eliminated player gets back

2 It makes it far easier for the judge who is doing the clicking to make sure that not more than 5 players are on the field of play .
I had the privalige of doing the clicking before the patch system was put in and it was a nightmare counting players in the stageing area . With the patches in place it gives the judge more time to chrono randomly and count players.

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Maybe im being a bit whiney on my second point but why arnt the bunkers perhaps wiped down between games?i think i had one of two confusements with rub, maybe thats my problem.
We cleaned as much of the bunkers as possible between games but 15minutes of ball with a 5 minute gap to get them clean & you guys chronographed & patched ready to play is tough. Rub has always been an issue with some players shooting barricades then running into them to mask hits & make them harder to call out La Soya started this trend in 2003 I remember...

It was suggested that we call everyone out who has paint on them bunker rub or otherwise to stop this grey area, but John decided not to implement this as he deemed the problem with paintball is no one enjoys it any more because it is not player friendly & strives to make Formula 5 for the players, so it was decided that the marshal was to judge rub/hits so as not to spoil peoples day.

I hope this helps explain why washing the field at the end of each game is not possible & it has been looked into.

Happy new year :D

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
Bunker Rub continues to be a problem not just at F5 but at every tourney , picture this If the organisers were to thorughly clean down bunkers between every game and would say take 15 mins if we have 10 teams per field all paying 4 games each thats 20 games on 1 field.
15 x 20 = 300 minutes = 5 hours cleaning bunkers that would drasticaly set the day back and also make masive gaps between games which would annoy the teams . Not to mention in ceratin months there is just about enough light to play all the games anyway.
To top it off we have seen as donk describes players shooting the bumker they are runing into then rubbing thier loader into the bunker to get paint on it to hide any potential hits.
So you can see at first glance it looks to players like yeah just clean bunkers throughly.
But when yoy take everything into account its not that easy as we are trying in this format to give everyone lots of playing time and value for money.
We have looked at putting stuff in place to address the the bunker rub issue but not everyone would like it .
If any of you have any sugestion i would gladly like to start a thread and disscuss it and if a suitable solution is found to implement it.

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
It was not quite like that the wording was if the player had massive amounts of paint in the areas that he would normaly get hit on then the judge would go in and wipe it off , if the judge though it was a hit then he would call the player out.
If the judge wiped it off and the player imediatly rubbed his loader into the paint again then he would get called out.

This problem is a pretty hard one to tackle imagine you see youy ball hit somone square on the loader but he had so much rub on it that the judge does not call him out , should that player be allowed to carry on with that aount of paint on his loader maybe getting hit more time and not getting called out.

In effect the cheater wins and the player that fairly shoots him losses .
At the other end of the spectrun you do have genuine bunker rub and you get called out F5 is not like other events it wont cost you the game it will cost you 1 point and next time you will be more carefull not to get rub on your loader or call a judge and get him to wipe it off.
We dont have any plans to implemnet any of this but it is an issue that we are keeping an eye on as its almost like legalised cheating.