Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Input from everyone needed

Hawks

Oct 19, 2009
I would like the sound at start and finish to be abit louder as it is hard to hear.

Other then that i ok with rest of what has been posted.

Tank (Robin)

Storm Gorrilaz
Jul 29, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Minor change to the patches?

Hi John,
One comment about the armbands...

Running back to the pits and trying to remove the patch with one hand while carrying your marker was tricky. Every time I did it the patch would get stuck to my glove and caused real issues getting it off and slapping it on the next player. Also the velcro hooks on the patch shredded the surface of my gloves!!

Can I suggest reversing the velcro so that the patch has the fluffy side on it, rather than the hooks, this way when you grab it off your arm it can be easily slapped on the next players armband without fuss.

Just a suggestion

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
Meh I didnt enjoy the patches that much really, i figure as long as the ref in the pits can count then they arent really necessary though most of the posts above like them! Apart from that and the longish waiting times which im sure can be sorted i have no real complaints :)

s beagle

Mar 30, 2004
Visit site
Could i just add that sunday was the first time i've played F5 and really enjoyed it, the only thing i would comment on to improve would be a coloured light above the buzzers to make it easier to see who controlled the timer, i know there are already lights either side of score board but you dont naturally look in that direction.
Sorry if this has already been suggested as i justed skipped through above posts and could'nt see anything related to this.
Also Jon your mother in law is a star i got lost driving to the event and she came out and found me so i could follow her in big thanks for that:D

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Could i just add that sunday was the first time i've played F5 and really enjoyed it, the only thing i would comment on to improve would be a coloured light above the buzzers to make it easier to see who controlled the timer, i know there are already lights either side of score board but you dont naturally look in that direction.
Sorry if this has already been suggested as i justed skipped through above posts and could'nt see anything related to this.
Also Jon your mother in law is a star i got lost driving to the event and she came out and found me so i could follow her in big thanks for that:D
You say you dont naturally look in that direction, well, isnt that something you will have to adapt to doing? The first f5 was little flashing lights above the buzzers, and with 2 or 3 (maybe more) scoreboard changes it has now evolved to what you saw the other day. Which I thought was pretty clear compared to other events.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
During xball I used to look at the board to see how much time was on the clock so looking across to see if a light is on is not a hardship.

I did not see any issue with the shorter field this event.

I would still like to be able to kit up and not have to wear goggles :)

Much love to John XX

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I have played this format the once a few months back, thoroughly enjoyed the amount of time you get playing.

There was a few teams back then that got dominated due to the different level of play, there was a BIG difference between the teams. Those that were held back stood no chance of getting back on field.
The game is suppose to be fun, have plenty of trigger time, those that were being held back certainly didnt get much play or the amount of fun other teams had.
As it is hard to mix and match teams to play on the same level or similar level, i realise there will always be games where teams will no doubt have trouble getting back on field.
A suggestion is, why not pause the game at this time in point for say 30 secs, both teams back at the start gate and game time resumes.
Point wise, the team that was domination gets an extra 10 points etc, or team that was being dominated and couldnt make it back onto field get deducted 10 ,points etc.
Its not something that will happen in every game, but that way at least every team will get a good amount of play, rather than being stuck in the pits for the remaining 5 mins of there game time, neither team would enjoy it if that happened.

ps, need to get F5 up here in the midlands please :)

Richmt11

Oct 4, 2010
Hey guys,

New on paintball scene with a friend of mine. Been playing some scenario, but looking to get into Sup Air!

Were on the hunt for a team and wanna get training/attending F5 comps ASAP!

We got gear set up ready to go! We are located in Haverhill which isnt too far from Colchester. So any teams looking for comitted switched on players send me a PM and i can give more details about us (kit etc)!!

F5 looks just like what were after!!

bug

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Essex, UK
Visit site
Scoreboard worked well, flashing light next to score board was great to spot as during the game you look at it wanting to know who is leading and tine left

auto reset after couple minutes would better,

Little better planning with which end your playing as we done back to back games but had to change ends

s beagle

Mar 30, 2004
Visit site
You say you dont naturally look in that direction, well, isnt that something you will have to adapt to doing? The first f5 was little flashing lights above the buzzers, and with 2 or 3 (maybe more) scoreboard changes it has now evolved to what you saw the other day. Which I thought was pretty clear compared to other events.
Ah did'nt know that it had already been tried :( your right it would'nt take much to adapt to do i'm just lazy :D

Reactions: Bolter