Votes: 57 79.2%
  • I have in the past and somthing changed my mind

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
A sobering thought...

...In a way we are all immortal.
When the Universe was created, everything that it would ever contain was created as well. Not in it's current form, planets didn't just pop into existence, but all the building blocks were there about 14 billion years ago.
All the particles that clump together to form you, have been around for more or less the same amount of time (some particles weren't created at the big bang, but soon afterwards by some other particles undergoing chemical processes to become something else). So billions of years before you were born, all the bits that would combine to form you were already floating around the Universe.
And when you die, these particles are not lost. They are returned to the Universe to go do something else. In fact, it's safe to say that none of the particles that are part of your body right now, were there when you were born. You have replaced yourself a few time.

The particles that combine to form you, will be around until the Universe collapses and dies.
You are in effect immortal.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I dont beleive in (a) God / higher power, but I feel that there are religious teachings that are somewhat valuable.

Thats kinda where I stand.
I dont see anything wrong with the values and principles offered by religions, and I can see the benefit of loving thy neighbour, being faiuthful, not killing people etc.

The difference is, I have the ability to do those things without being scared of some kinda fire and brimstone retribution and burning in a fiery hell.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
I do not believe in god (s) in the slightest.

Religion has some good points like a moral compass on how to live your life.

The major issue is that religion has likely caused more war and deaths that any other invention of man.

I think religion was used in the early days to explain what could not be understood at the time, volcanoes, floods, etc.
It was subsequently per-versified to control people, do what or say or a terrible event shall come to pass. Look at the Tudor times, the church was beyond wealthy and decadent yet the average peasant was poor, famished, etc.
Today we have the most sorry state with people believing that they should kill those who do not share their beliefs or even worse Creationists and Scientology !

Ed

PS getting DB error messages after every post..

head_-_shot

UK Under 19's & London Tigers.
Oct 25, 2008
London
www.facebook.com
Your belief in something that has only been preached to you, increases with how gullible that brain of yours is.

I mean come on! ..th dinosaurs where placed on earth to test our faith? .. B*LL*CKS!!! :D

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
I absolutely believe that there are many things which in our current existance we cannot understand, even that there are beings which do understand these things and can manipulate them in order to appear as though "gods", however the most evil thing on the planet is religion, as such, I refuse to belive in a god, or enable others to use religion as a motivator for hate.

philbo

Jun 15, 2010
york
As has been said religion is just a form of control...
As for the bible it misses massive parts of the dead sea scrolls material out as it was considered to thought provoking for us mortals.such as the part about eve being adams second wife . ask any religious person about adams first wife and they will all clam up.
but if people find comfort in religion then go for it......

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I absolutely believe that there are many things which in our current existance we cannot understand, even that there are beings which do understand these things and can manipulate them in order to appear as though "gods", however the most evil thing on the planet is religion, as such, I refuse to belive in a god, or enable others to use religion as a motivator for hate.
It's the basic stuff that I would like answers to like..

Why does dropped toast land buttered side down?

Why are my car keys always in the last place I look?

If I see a sign that says wet paint - why do I always have to touch it to check?

I've also started talking to myself a lot more as I get older... ho hum :rolleyes:

Reactions: seany boy

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It seems quite amazing to me that people are quick to declare their non belief in a higher power [God] yet at the same time are quite happy with the notion this then leaves the very thing they exist in [The universe] unattributed.

By all means declare you do not subscribe to any religious direction but I just don't see how any rational mind can entertain ... what?.......the universe somehow self created?
I mean, just weigh things up here ... we have a universe lord knows how many millions of light years across [pun intended] and with the complexities and beauty that is boundless and yet we then wanna go and state nothing created it .... I say, 'no thing created it it' but what's really meant is God didn't create it ... now surely that's just insane.