Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

insufficient privilege to post reply

Dahas

Jan 6, 2014
Yes we have pump only tournaments here. And i usually play with it if i dont have money for paint.

Dang I can't still reply on the post!

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Pump guns use air to shoot the paintball, they just use the pump to cock/load a paintball

What @Dahas meant was that as he doesn't have much money for paint pump is perfect as you use A LOT less. When I use my pump at walk-on games, I rarely shoot more than 100 per game.

Reactions: Dahas

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Much much slower, you tend to play differently. On one hand as you can't put down suppressing fire you are much more sneaky and on the other you play a bit more aggressive as you generally need to get closer to make sure those single shots count. It's a very different style of play and can be a lot of fun but also quite frustrating. I've never played a pump only game so I usually take mine out against people shooting 'normal' markers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dahas

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Think "pump action shotgun". The marker still uses an air bottle and fires balls at the same speed/distance etc - you DO NOT pump the air into the marker!
Pumps were the original style of markers (after small pistols) that were used in the beginning of the sport, and are used by a lot of people for nostalgic reasons, and because there is a different set of skills in using one, as described above. I have one, which I use when playing with friends at rental days, as mowing downs people playing for the first time with a tournament gun is a tad unsporting;)