The Home Of European Paintball

Insufficient privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I did read though and only summarise to be fair. However it does not detract from the main issue which is that it discriminates towards the occasional user like myself . Mind you with this banter I have probably pushed up my post count!! :) seriously though that's the end for me on this forum. Yes I did use it to sell my paint balling items but as a paintball forum isn't that the point?

Your loss fella. There are other forums out there, feel free to use them too. I'm sure you'll find the rules much the same and not to detract from them, we get a much bigger footfall. You're getting all stroppy over ten posts, to be honest if you only want to use the classifieds the forum won't really miss you will it??

There's a community you're missing out on if you leave, that little scammer will never play again in the UK when it's all done. I'd fear for his well being if people found out he was playing an event.

1066sparks

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Dusty its not really a loss is it mate.Im not getting srtoppy if anything its apathy.I dont really care but just cant help myself ( against my better judgement) to responding to this sillyness.I would not be proud of a message count of 5239 personally.I think it shows you spend a bit to much time on your computer instead of getting on with your life.How do you think thats looks to most average people? I think some people on this forum have a hard time distinguishing reality and fantasy.In summary Ive met some really nice genuine people in this sport and a lot of sad geeks especially some moderators who have some kind of god complex about what they do and their importance in life.The reason i was selling is because im leaving the sport for a time but i wont be using forums again thats for sure.......i find it all rather sad.

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
I believe that's debatable - Not saying it doesn't make some money - but I disagree that it's a 'Commercial Enterprise'
As Dusty said - It's a case of, 'You want to use this service you follow the rules' like in many places in life!
There's a lot worse things than having to post Ten Times on a Forum which circulates posts relating to a Sport you are/were involved in!

matj

Mar 22, 2013
where have i heard all of this before?........

Just need few comments about particular body parts and we are all done.

This forum does not benefit from personal sales. The occasional seller not bothering because they do not want to talk to anyone on this forum or contribute in any other way makes no difference.

1066sparks

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
I believe that's debatable - Not saying it doesn't make some money - but I disagree that it's a 'Commercial Enterprise'
As Dusty said - It's a case of, 'You want to use this service you follow the rules' like in many places in life!
There's a lot worse things than having to post Ten Times on a Forum which circulates posts relating to a Sport you are/were involved in!
Following the rules I have no problem with but want if you dont agree with the rules? can you not challange them.Is this forum not a democracy? I suppose my point is this.....I bought and sold on this forum and had 19 posts.I paid on time and shipped the goods on time and recieved no complaints.I think the ebay model is a better example.the feedback system is proof that the person is genuine.Correct me if im wrong but here you just have to post 10 random posts and you can rip anyone off? Am I right?

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Following the rules I have no problem with but want if you dont agree with the rules? can you not challange them.Is this forum not a democracy? I suppose my point is this.....I bought and sold on this forum and had 19 posts.I paid on time and shipped the goods on time and recieved no complaints.I think the ebay model is a better example.the feedback system is proof that the person is genuine.Correct me if im wrong but here you just have to post 10 random posts and you can rip anyone off? Am I right?
I don't believe it is a Democracy - You can debate your points over and you will be listened to if you speak in a calm, respected manner, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the Rules will be changed.

I think the 'Fast Track' System when implemented would be a good way as a couple of quid means you can sell more than a couple of quid's worth of items such as eBay charge you a 'Listing fee' Or you pay nothing and actually join in the community by posting, with the odd 'Spammer' Exception which most Mod's will quickly deal with - Thus protecting the Buyers/Sellers even more.
Obviously you're entitled to your own opinion - and can debate it but there will be people like me that will debate your points with you.

Just to add: The eBay model may be better but they make a LOT more money and have a lot more Business than this Paintball Specific Forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: matj

1066sparks

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
This may not have started as a commercial site but it surely is now.The lead thread on the home page is robbo selling his new gun!!
Come on! Thats his privelege of course but the irony of this whole conversation.........is that im on 8 posts and soon i can sell and rip anybody off if i was so inclined.
All the more reason to introduce a feedback system for sellers and take a % for the site for which I for one would have no problem with.P8 provides a safe enviroment and gets rewarded accordingly.

1066sparks

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
I don't believe it is a Democracy - You can debate your points over and you will be listened to if you speak in a calm, respected manner, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the Rules will be changed.

I think the 'Fast Track' System when implemented would be a good way as a couple of quid means you can sell more than a couple of quid's worth of items such as eBay charge you a 'Listing fee' Or you pay nothing and actually join in the community by posting, with the odd 'Spammer' Exception which most Mod's will quickly deal with - Thus protecting the Buyers/Sellers even more.
Obviously you're entitled to your own opinion - and can debate it but there will be people like me that will debate your points with you.

Just to add: The eBay model may be better but they make a LOT more money and have a lot more Business than this Paintball Specific Forum.
Mods cant protect against bad sellers or criminals.I said it could be BASED on the ebay feedback model.That dosent have to cost a lot as most sites do it now ie amazon trip advisor ect

Status
Not open for further replies.