Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter university Tourney

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
PAINT DEALS

i have spoken to powerball and if paint is purchased through portsmouth uni we can have it at these costs:-

tourney paint - £38.40 / box
el tigre - orange fill
slam ball - yellow fill
marbiliser - green fill
all star - green fill
cheaper rec paint - 35.20 / box
euroflight - various

also i have worked out the maximum amount of paint that will be needed per team

with 10 teams - 10 boxes - 8 games
with 12 teams - 13 boxes - 10 games
with 14 teams - 15 boxes - 12 games
with 16 teams - 18 boxes - 14 games
with more i will re work out the costs

half the games will be in the morning then reseeding at lunch to have the remaining games in the afternoon.

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Fitting 14 games in per team would be a logistical nightmare. Have played at tourneys beofre where they found it diffficult to fit 8 games in. I know it's summer so light will be good but stringing it out all evening could be a nightmare. How many tourneys have you been to when timingings are running over 40 mins late.

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Try phoning phoenix and seeing if you can get a better deal for zap. At big tourneys they usually do bulk buy deals. For the indoor and campaign they did great deals. Remember it's going to be cheaper buying paint of the manufacturer rather than a shop such as powerball as it cuts out the middle man. Also I don't think teams are going to be shooting 10 boxes in 8 games. The most Durham ever shot was about six in a tourney and the less experienced teams could be shooting as little as four. How much do you guys (portmouth) use in a tourney? Remember a lot of people are going to be shooting rental guns or at least tipmans, spyders etc.
John no shorts is becoming quite standard now. Various reasons: Less blood from scrapes and welts is is cleaner. (saying that I am going to continue playing without hat and gloves until any rules change). Also prevents you from vaselineing your legs to promote bouncers. This tourney has to follow the standard rules and that is one of them.

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
portsmouth shot 15 boxes at temple on sunday.
i'll call phoenix - but the rps tourney paint is going to have the advantage fill, if you chop, you shoot once then shoot again and the paint will fly straight again.
i'll see what they can do. also the spirit site is a rps using site.

the amount of paint is only a guideline, if a team is unsure how much they will fire take 6-7 boxes and if you need more we will be able to sell it to you.

a possibility is that a team only buys eg 6 portsmouth will bring spares for sale on the day.

fitting all the games in should be ok as we do have 3 fields and bully is running the day

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
PLEASE READ BOTTOM PART OF THIS STRING

Have spoken to phoenix and this is what they can offer
ZAP
Pro-euro £36.43/case
Pro + £34.08/case

They probably will have a trade stall as well.
this is about the same as the powerball offer.

all paint can be bought through portsmouth, therefore saving delivery costs.

can teams that want to play email me so i can build up a mailing list.