Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Interview with Marcus Davis - One of the Most Successful Brits of All Time !!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
1. Which of the current MMA fighters does Marcus reckon he could take in a street brawl?

2. Would he ever consider putting the old preds back together, even just for an expo event at Campaign, Maybe Nam v Preds in a center-court senior-showcase event?

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
2. Would he ever consider putting the old preds back together, even just for an expo event at Campaign, Maybe Nam v Preds in a center-court senior-showcase event?
Syd would be up for that I'm sure.

didn't he also take a crap in a bag of paint for one of teh american teams on their first UK Mayhem? I seem to recall a story about payback with crickets?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I count myself lucky to have played the Preds a few times back in the 90's. It was always an education in how to play pro woodsball, and a real highlight of my many years of paintballing. I really miss those woodland tournament days. It's a pity that side of the game died out, but I guess the game had to evolve to survive.

I've got one question

Of all the markers the Preds used over the years, does Marcus have a personal favorite and if so why?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
When the Preds went to the States the US teams accused the Preds of running hot guns. In one instance one of the yanks claimed that a ball from a Preds gun shot through his top - ie - ripped the material.

My question - What's the real story behind that one?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
When the Preds went to the States the US teams accused the Preds of running hot guns. In one instance one of the yanks claimed that a ball from a Preds gun shot through his top - ie - ripped the material.

My question - What's the real story behind that one?
As far as I know, that incident happened over here in the Mayhem finals and not in the US, Marc can flesh out the details to that one though .... 'flesh out' being the operative words :)

formely known as size6feet

Captain Team Venom
Jul 2, 2009
Walsall
british paintball legend and quite a scary player to play against and ref too which i had the pleasure of both (first tourney ever at tim taylors kooh doow playing for the marauders and we get a win against the vulcans due to a hot gun shooting 350fps then playing preds masai the do us in 90 seconds but miss count us and our captain wayne whittington (real name) shoots two out before getting shoot to **** it was like we had one the world cup as a novice team getting two eliminations against the preds)
then later on in the 90s at the hyperball tourney the preds were amazing
and reffing them at numerous torneys at koowdoow and the defunct npps series played amazing aggressive paintball (mayhem 95 vs ironmen) great game

Reactions: Horlicks

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
british paintball legend and quite a scary player to play against and ref
Maybe in the old days, but I had the pleasure of reffing him (and Sid) at a D7's event during their brief reformation and they were as good as gold.
Sid is still an amazing shot too, one-balling players with an ego and sauntering up the field like there was no-one else around for miles. Pure class.