Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Intimidating your opponent

SpAnKy1000

For hire....
Jun 9, 2005
Lincoln
If you acctually look, his arm is out futher then his knee, its just the angle the pic was taken at... He's one of the top players in the UK so i think he knows what he is doing! :) :) :)

Orifice

N0o0ooo0b
Sep 9, 2004
Manchester, UK
if you want to intimidate the opponents, id say a classic battle-cry is in order to rack up them agg points!

"KAAAAAHHHHNNNNNNN!!"
"ADRIAAANNNN!!!"
or "GET TO ZE CHOPPAR!" you then have to spray paint in a fan into the air like youre trying to shoot down a fleet of bombers...from the hip.

i prefer the first one.

from a psychology students POV, going and shaking their hands out of the blue would be quite weird, epsecially when coupled with some kind of weird comments "hi, hope you play well now, weve been waiting for a good game for ages!" "hey, after we play you want to compare tactics? just need to see how this one fared versus yours, weve been experimenting with some hybrid ideas." They wouldnt expect it at all, no trash talking, just act so professional, confident and comfortable in the situation. when ive watched teams they never shake hands in the safe area or talk to each other before a game, so putting them in a "strange" situation would raise stress levels a little. putting someone in a position they arent prepared for is always going to intimidate them, as it will break focus. however, if your team know theyre going to go and shake hands, wish them well, then they wont feel its a stressful situation. As a meet and greet isnt a typical social situation just before a match, they will NOT be prepared. Its just like if someone walked up to you in the street and asked your shoe size, you just dont expect it, so youre gobsmacked, then it runs on your mind "why the hell did they do that?"

People half expect a team who is well kitted out to be good and experienced, but if you combine that with blatant professionalism, as well as a suprise social situation while they try to zone in, itll knock them off concentration, as well as view you as a well-rounded elite team of players.

This situation would stick in their mind, especially if you win. meaning, when they talk about past experiences with other teams, your name will come up. Increasing reputation.

If you look up how to play mind games on google it would be a good idea.

Or, you could be just plain better than them. but reputation and a memorable pre-match freak encounter, will ensure that they remember you for next time, while allowing them to tell a story to their mates. remember, when you approach them, act confident, not cocky.

By all means, i dont mean this will scare them, itll just put them in a different frame of mind than what theyre used to. Obviously, you have to be imaginative, get inside their head!

Theres one F1 driver who patented the "horse eyes" technique, so other drivers cant use it :D
Basically, he just widens his eyes and keeps them that way, so he looks like a freak. If you keep making eye contact with them like that, you never know, itd be fun to do though :D

bare in mind i have only played woodsball at the local (fairly regular, but only just getting into buying my own kit), so i hope i can put my knowledge to good use!

cov boy

Mar 8, 2006
coventry
Visit site
*first get good
second get buff
then walk into the place in as a team shirtless shoulder to shoulder with your masks on with tinted lenses and just walk from team to team silently look at them for a few seconds then walk away*

Works for me....but with shirts on

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
I remember this as i was reffing you in one match, in response you played like anyone else did ... they were talking bull crap about your gun too made me laugh

typical of the people there that day though :rolleyes:

Mario said:
show them your penar!1.

Get a reputation

Welsh open was the funniest tournament i ever played. Ultimates were telling their marshalls to keep a specific eye on me and people were booing from the sidelines and saying the refs weren't watching me properly and that i was cheating.

Teams were going up to the marshalls after saying i shot him and he wiped bla ****ing bla.

I was laughing as they were making the mistakes.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Orifice said:
if you want to intimidate the opponents, id say a classic battle-cry is in order to rack up them agg points!

"KAAAAAHHHHNNNNNNN!!"
"ADRIAAANNNN!!!"
or "GET TO ZE CHOPPAR!" you then have to spray paint in a fan into the air like youre trying to shoot down a fleet of bombers...from the hip.

i prefer the first one.

from a psychology students POV, going and shaking their hands out of the blue would be quite weird, epsecially when coupled with some kind of weird comments "hi, hope you play well now, weve been waiting for a good game for ages!" "hey, after we play you want to compare tactics? just need to see how this one fared versus yours, weve been experimenting with some hybrid ideas." They wouldnt expect it at all, no trash talking, just act so professional, confident and comfortable in the situation. when ive watched teams they never shake hands in the safe area or talk to each other before a game, so putting them in a "strange" situation would raise stress levels a little. putting someone in a position they arent prepared for is always going to intimidate them, as it will break focus. however, if your team know theyre going to go and shake hands, wish them well, then they wont feel its a stressful situation. As a meet and greet isnt a typical social situation just before a match, they will NOT be prepared. Its just like if someone walked up to you in the street and asked your shoe size, you just dont expect it, so youre gobsmacked, then it runs on your mind "why the hell did they do that?"

People half expect a team who is well kitted out to be good and experienced, but if you combine that with blatant professionalism, as well as a suprise social situation while they try to zone in, itll knock them off concentration, as well as view you as a well-rounded elite team of players.

This situation would stick in their mind, especially if you win. meaning, when they talk about past experiences with other teams, your name will come up. Increasing reputation.

If you look up how to play mind games on google it would be a good idea.

Or, you could be just plain better than them. but reputation and a memorable pre-match freak encounter, will ensure that they remember you for next time, while allowing them to tell a story to their mates. remember, when you approach them, act confident, not cocky.

By all means, i dont mean this will scare them, itll just put them in a different frame of mind than what theyre used to. Obviously, you have to be imaginative, get inside their head!

Theres one F1 driver who patented the "horse eyes" technique, so other drivers cant use it :D
Basically, he just widens his eyes and keeps them that way, so he looks like a freak. If you keep making eye contact with them like that, you never know, itd be fun to do though :D

bare in mind i have only played woodsball at the local (fairly regular, but only just getting into buying my own kit), so i hope i can put my knowledge to good use!

....why not just practice a little and be betetr than them ?

Von Wehr

'Jabba Hut Love Machine'
May 17, 2006
wrong end of planet earth
I don't think theres any better example than the legend of 'Clint Eastwood' gave us.
Let them see the colour of your eyes by getting in they're faces, and with the gun to their heads, "say make my day PUNK"

Sh-ts me up every time!!!!!!!!!;)

schock

May 25, 2006
you can intimadate you opponets when you just go their with just a t-shirt on and shorts. cause sometimes the newbs there will think your really good and tough but really your just stupid.