Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Intimidator v Angel Speed

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Wear and tear-wise it is a better choice, all I'm saying is that it would be better if they come with some sort of cover installed at the factory.
I've seen it happen a few times. People get hit on the hands and triggerguards a lot.
It's not that the marker was broken or anything, it just needed a good cleaning. But it was the sort of cleaning that would take longer than the time one usually has between games at a tourney.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
It seems like, at least with my IR3, that the board casing and leaf switch would keep most of the crud out of the part where the sensor is. There is, of course, one simple solution... become so good that you never get hit in the hands or gripframe:)

joowon49

Colonial Fury
Oct 9, 2002
Fairfax, VA
Visit site
I'm sorry.. but did you just post that the speed was lighter than a timmy? I'm sorry, but thats not true. The intimidator is a smaller faster angel. All the innovations WDP added to the speed (ie. LP operation, volumizers, and sensi) all were created to compete with the timmy. And the timmy is still better. My best friend uses a speed and even when sensi is turned on and set up and what not, he still occasionally shreds paint. Look out for the new 2k4 timmies, they are light as a 2k3 shocker for those of you who crossed the pond for World Cup. Manike can jump in anytime here, he'll tell you what he thinks of timmies, esp the empire.:D

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
HAHAHAHAHAHA,

Smaller lighter angel? Bro, I'll measure my IR3, no, I'll measure my LCD, and you measure your timmy, and I can assure you that any of my angels will measure out shorter. Perhaps you have some work done to your timmy, but all the one's I've ever shot have been heavier than my setup, and I'm running AIR, the heaviest system ever conceived by man. That's not taking into consideration the fact that the timmy operates much more similarly to the impulse and bushmaster than the angel. The Speed has only one new feature, and that's the LP operation, so all those upgrades (I'm still trying to figure out just what those upgrades are.. the speed is a stripped down angel model, created to appeal to the more cost-conscious buyers who may consider spending less money and getting an impy, or bushy, or timmy. So I guess you're right, WDP did down-grade their flagship marker to compete with the timmy) that they put on the Speed to make it more like the timmy were very pre-emptive, considering they were all invented 2 years ago when the IR3 came out. I can't wait for the new 2k4 timmy to come out, then we can do a comparison of that and the A4, and I can split my sides laughing when you try to tell me that the timmy is smaller or lighter.

Heaven

Aug 21, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
Played with a timmy last week shot 36 per sec had the waz board fitted, but at that rate broke every ball.

This was set up just to see how fast a timmy could fire and it rocked.

Pee Wee

FREE AGENT!...
Oct 19, 2003
36 balls per second :rolleyes: and how did you read that? on the gun :rolleyes:
There is a proper way to read how many shots you are firing a second. Its a piece of equipment just like the chronograph, except its based on sound and can read the amount of shots fired per second. Just take your marker and the special unit and place it near the gun barrel then fire till you go blood shot. It will give a better and actual reading, as opposed to a biased board made for the gun :)
Dont believe me, John Sosta has one in his labs.;) :D

Pee Wee

FREE AGENT!...
Oct 19, 2003
Also based on preference of playing front, why would he need a gun that can fire 30+ balls per second. Most of the time your snap shooting (what 3 balls max at any 1 time). Yea possibly off the break but even 16 balls per second is enuff, dont wanna smeg your gun as you get into your primary just incase you see a mugging opening or easy person to shoot. Could cost you the game :(

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Don't believe the hype kids.
In essence an Angel and a Timmy are the same, as are Impies, Bushies, and whatnots.
The fact that some of them don't have the bolt stacked vertically above the hammer (like the Angel), doesn't make them any different in the way they work. In the end they all have a solenoid that drives the hammer forward and backwards. They look different, but they are not. The only difference is in the details.

People who think that an Angel's design is so different from a Timmy's, should also say that a Timmy is very different from an Impulse. After all, the only real difference is in the way the hammer is powered, and no other marker (except that new Timmy rip-off) has a system similar to the Timmy.