Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Invert mini advice needed

mitch

May 19, 2010
Alright guys im planning on buying an invert mini fairly soon as we are going to start a team (supair) , however i have debated about getting an etek for but for another £100 it doesnt seem worth it for my first electronic marker ,would i be happy with getting mini and spending £100 on a decent mask (i4)
Btw im 5"11 if that makes any diffrence :p

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
in a straight head to head, the etek is the better gun and is worth spending the extra on. however if you still have all your other kit to buy and are on a budget then perhaps, as you suggested, sticking with the mini and using the spare cash elsewhere might be the better idea.

edit: there is no need whatsoever to spend that much on a mask just to get your started. by all means don't be cheap but you can pick up a good quality mask (and even better if buying second hand) for half that money.

Last edited:

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
The main thing about the mini is, if you get a good one it'll be great.

If you get a bad one on the other hand, it could be a pig...

But for ease of maintenance and use, they are very simple in operation and very easy to tune. With certain upgrades they can be tuned to shoot as smooth and quiet as some £750+ gats.

As for the Etek, they shoot great. A little loud, but still possible to fine tune with the different bolts and a good paint/bore match. Planet are always there to help should you have any issues on and fairly easy to work on yourself for servicing and troubleshooting.

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
Personally i think the minis a better buy, ive had a couple of minis and a couple of egos (eteks are cheap egos). The minis shot is smoother, no macroline (though it doesnt make much difference in feel, but still...), if you baught an etek lt then half the markers plastic unlike the all metal mini. Both the same in term of maintenance, comfort to hold is personal preference, the minis trigger is pretty poor though (if you ramp it doesnt matter). You want my oppinion, like i tell everyone, buy an axe... Has all the good bits of a mini and more, but non of the 'bad' bits, plus its noticably bigger than a mini if size was a problem. X

mitch

May 19, 2010
Cheers bro , axe is abit ecpensive thats all "/ still need other bits of equipment

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
Ah sorry thought axe and etek were about the same new. Any particular reason you want a new marker? Can get something second hand from a known seller on here and save a few quid. X

mitch

May 19, 2010
I had thought about it mate i just dont wanna say throw £200 or more on a marker on here and end up getting a bad one (no fault of the seller ) then have to pay out on it .

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
It depends what you buy, if your after a mini, you pick one up on here for £100-£150, the price of a new one is £300, your unlikey to need to spend £100-£150 fixing it if its a duff (unless a frames bent or something out of the ordinary). If you pick up an axe the same thing applies, £400 ish new, £200-£250 second hand, but solenoids and board for axe/mind are cheaper than the likes of planet eclipse in my experience, think i got a solenoid once for about £20 (a while ago), baught a new baord ( the updated shockwave board) not so long ago for about same price.
If you buy something new you get the safety of a warranty, but its still hassle if it croaks on you, youve got to post the marker off generally which isnt cheap. If you buy from someone on here generally if you have a problem its resolved, lots of us here to lend a hand. But if your buying second hand it opens a lot more options of marker. X