Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Invert mini advice needed

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well buying new means it will absolutely work straight out the box perfectly, and if it doesn't then the company should make sure it does under warranty. However just because you buy a marker new doesn't mean you can't ask for help on here anyway?

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
well buying new means it will absolutely work straight out the box perfectly, and if it doesn't then the company should make sure it does under warranty. However just because you buy a marker new doesn't mean you can't ask for help on here anyway?
Not always the case... But I will agree that it's certainly a rare occurrence.

My Axe had a problem from manufacture. The safety mechanism that prevents you from removing the bolt and bolt guide from the back when aired up had been assembled in the activated position. This meant that try as I might, I could not remove the drivetrain from the marker.

We had to disassemble the marker to find that part sticking proud of the air transfer tube, pushed it down and hey presto. Problem solved.

Was a bit of a nuisance though, you'd expect better in all fairness. That's where Planet's QA comes into it's own. Each marker is tested for tolerances, gassed up, fired and checked before final packaging.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
You got one ?
Got one that gets used as a spare in the team and its an awesome shooter for the money. Board is all you could want, has a real nice trigger and stance to it. super light, tool-less bolt removal and it actually shoots quite nice for the money as well. not exactly like a geo/luxe.vapor etc. but really can't complain for the price range.

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
I found the ethas trigger a bit poo, i hated the composite parts (feedneck snapped from a slip off the break), its shot feels and sounds a bit rough. I had one myself but not for long, but couple of guys i know (one in our team) find the ethas dont like brittle paint. But this all just what i have found personally, others will disagree. X

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Better than a mini then dude ?
having used both, I would personally say yes. I think it feels a lot nicer in the hands, the board is WAY better than the stock mini one and the fact i can whip the bolt out in 2 seconds to clean any mess out is a big advantage over the mini.

I found the ethas trigger a bit poo, i hated the composite parts (feedneck snapped from a slip off the break), its shot feels and sounds a bit rough. I had one myself but not for long, but couple of guys i know (one in our team) find the ethas dont like brittle paint. But this all just what i have found personally, others will disagree. X
Yeah for sure the composite parts aren't quite as nice as the metal parts of a geo etc. but then this is what helps bring a gun like this in to the price range that it is in. I had the same opinion about the etha being loud but believe it or not, thats only when you are behind the gun. having one shot at you it sounds pretty quiet. I know it's not the most fragile paint in the world, but GI 3 star shot through it last event flawlessly. I actually used it at the 7 man last year because my geo 2 was down temporarily in the cold and it shot perfect for the games i used it, when paint would have been pretty fragile as well.