Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Invert Mini Air Tank stuck

Joshh

Jan 25, 2015
i went to take my air tank of my mini just under 4k psi in the tank got about a screw out and will not screw any further out nor in, tried to shoot the air off but nothing is in the gun and the reg gauge is a tiny bit over 0, any ideas how i can get the tank off?

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
First thing i'd do is empty the air out of the bottle, easiest way is to start to undo the 1800psi burst disc, you don't need to remove it just unscrew it a bit.

Joshh

Jan 25, 2015
First thing i'd do is empty the air out of the bottle, easiest way is to start to undo the 1800psi burst disc, you don't need to remove it just unscrew it a bit.
I tried that, but the burst disk is that tight when i try to unscrew it the edges of the burst disk start to bend and become slightly round

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I tried that, but the burst disk is that tight when i try to unscrew it the edges of the burst disk start to bend and become slightly round
It will be tight, it also has a lot of pressure behind it, you need to use a ring spanner of the correct size. If you can't release the air that way, i'd suggest your only option is to screw the bottle all the way back on and release the air through the gun by shooting it off or by undoing the macro line if it has one.
Was it tight when you put the bottle on in the first place, have you cross threaded it.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I would suggest you take it to somebody who knows what they are doing... Don't mess around with 4000psi of compressed air!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Is the bottle possibly cross threaded in the ASA?

It really needs someone to have eyes on and see what the issue is

Undoing the burst disk would release pressure - but that’s not something I would fancy having high pressure air spraying out of the side of a regulator whilst holding it and a tool

Reactions: Stan

Joshh

Jan 25, 2015
It will be tight, it also has a lot of pressure behind it, you need to use a ring spanner of the correct size. If you can't release the air that way, i'd suggest your only option is to screw the bottle all the way back on and release the air through the gun by shooting it off or by undoing the macro line if it has one.
Was it tight when you put the bottle on in the first place, have you cross threaded it.
when i was screwing it in it went in super easy until the i heard the air start flowing which is normal, starting to take the tank off was fine until a certain point, it just got super tight and wont go either way now, almost like its gripped something in the threads, maybe an o-ring has come off and wedged itself in the threads. I think with a bit of force i could unscrew it but a little worried there is some pressure in the reg which i can't shoot off and the tanks going to either fire out or something is going to blow.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Right, i'm assuming the ASA isn't an OOPS ( on/off purge system ) ASA, if it was you would've just purged the air from the ASA, because you've unscrewed it so far i'd guess the pin valve in the end of the reg is no longer depressed so no more air can come out so if you do keep on unscrewing it it shouldn't shoot off, if the bottle oring ( that's the one around the outside of the reg that seals the reg to the ASA ) had come off then the air should have leaked out of the ASA bleed hole, unless your reg has 2 orings around the top. If it was me i'd just unscrew the thing, but you need to check that the reg bonnet ( top part with the orings around it ) doesn't uncrew from the bottom part. that will be bad.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Do you live close to a paintball store, @Joshh?

Safest thing to do is take it there.

You could take it to a paintball site, but you risk giving it to a marshal that thinks he knows what he is doing. And that's when bad things happen.