Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Invert mini barrel help

mooseymumble

Perfectly Engineered
Mar 20, 2009
Hey guys just joined here after many of my mates come on here and was wondering a thing or two

I have an invert mini (yeah it has caused me no end of problems but seems to be working at the moment) im looking to upgrade the barrel mainly cause i cant fire over 240 fps due to paint not wanting to go straight plus im hopefully joining a team and looking for a slightly longer barrel from 12" im not sure if 14" nightstick impulse barrel will do or is there any other i should look at more in the 16" as not sure which barrel(s) will fit the invert

All help is welcome

Cheers in advance

Mello

Sep 19, 2003
Romford
Visit site
Im not sure why you can't shoot over 240fps and not goin straight. How off does it go?

Stiffi barrels are ace. You need to make sure it cocker threaded too!

also with the invert nightsticks i havent heard anything bad about them and they do look nice on a mini.

for a stiffi barrel they are around £60 new but on here off some nice people you can pick them up 2nd hand for around £40. Hope this helps :)

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Hey guys just joined here after many of my mates come on here and was wondering a thing or two

I have an invert mini (yeah it has caused me no end of problems but seems to be working at the moment) im looking to upgrade the barrel mainly cause i cant fire over 240 fps due to paint not wanting to go straight plus im hopefully joining a team and looking for a slightly longer barrel from 12" im not sure if 14" nightstick impulse barrel will do or is there any other i should look at more in the 16" as not sure which barrel(s) will fit the invert

All help is welcome

Cheers in advance

Hi mate firstly welcome to P8nt, Now id like to say you are looking for a cocker thread barrel,

Not sure why you cant shot above 240 as all minis are adjustable for vlocity..

Are you using an HP OR LP Bottle ??

Have you tryed adjusting the vlocity adjuster ??

if the answer is yes to all these and you seriously are shotting really small bore paint , then i would suggest in getting yourself a barrel set.

Something like a stiffi set up, sly barrel kit, empire barrel kit etc.

I assume also that the dial on your oops is set at 200 bar ??

carl

mooseymumble

Perfectly Engineered
Mar 20, 2009
i can turn the velocity up to the max of 370fps (unbelieveable) but as soon as it hits like 250 fps the balls like to go left or right...not massivily i admit but the more power the more it fires off
The dial reads 180 as it does say on the manual not to go over that due to the gun going bang as thats what has caused most of the problems...that and o-rings on the regulator which empire dont like to give u in the nice little tool box.

so im looking for a cocker threaded barrel?
Now im going to sound like a right dumb ass i know but what is a stiffi set up?

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
stiffi

Now im going to sound like a right dumb ass i know but what is a stiffi set up?[/quote]

Stiffi barrel is a carbon fibre barrel or barrel kit.. Great kits but pricey.
Same with the SLY barrels or barrel kits..

If you have a budget buy a freak barrel or empire barrel kit even a redz kit.

But as tom has ponited out is there anything that maybe causing this in your barrel , like a nick or scratch, a dink in the end of it ??

Also when was the last time you checked your detents ??

Guns need maint, just like a car but on a more regular basis.

Before spending loads of money on a barrel kit, pop it along to your local paintball shop or a good walk on and see if anybody can take a quick look at it for you..

If you post up where you are based , somebody on here might be able to help.

mooseymumble

Perfectly Engineered
Mar 20, 2009
Now im going to sound like a right dumb ass i know but what is a stiffi set up?
Stiffi barrel is a carbon fibre barrel or barrel kit.. Great kits but pricey.
Same with the SLY barrels or barrel kits..

If you have a budget buy a freak barrel or empire barrel kit even a redz kit.

But as tom has ponited out is there anything that maybe causing this in your barrel , like a nick or scratch, a dink in the end of it ??

Also when was the last time you checked your detents ??

Guns need maint, just like a car but on a more regular basis.

Before spending loads of money on a barrel kit, pop it along to your local paintball shop or a good walk on and see if anybody can take a quick look at it for you..

If you post up where you are based , somebody on here might be able to help.[/quote]

I work as a paintball marshall most weekends so i know bits about guns but a manager there was a semi pro so may well go see him tomorrow to double check

Detents??

I clean my gun after every use...dismantal the whole thing greese all o-rings and just a general clean so i wouldnt of thought that it was any of those...but to be honest i never thought about any of this stuff but i have only had the gun for about 3 months and only ever used the thing like 7 times...its a lovely gun and the FPS doesnt really bother me its the accuracy that i wanted plus if im going to be going onto speedball torneys i really need to upgrade the thing anyway

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Your mini should be set JUST under 200 on the gauge on your asa. 180 is a little low. After you set that, go to the chrono and re-chrono your gun.

Use these settings

PSP mode
Bip 6
Ramp start 8
Dwell 35
ROF 10.5

let me know how that goes and if its still doing the same thing.

DannyVeti

Feb 22, 2009
hi I just got a red invert mini aswell and ordered a UPZ GLADIUS off ebay, basically because it looks so good and the price :D I didnt really know what I was looking for when i got it , stupidly. It looks great on the mini, even though the barrel is a slightly different shade of red than the gun.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/5735/ < this one but mine has loads of tribal designs all over it which you can choose on ebay. UPZ are like a new american paintball company setting up so they got cheap products atm. I mean it will probably not be as good as the PRO barrels but people seem to think its OK and i love the style.