Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Invert Mini GS vs Proto Rail

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Yup guy on my squad has had nothing but problems with his mini and has had to buy a macdev because his mini is so unreliable. I have a reflex rail as a backup marker and although it is not prefect and needs a good clean and checking out everytime its used its always reliable because of it. Also has a good stock barrel as its just a dye boomstick with a proro label on it.

I would go for a proto rize in your price range just for the better solonoid used in it or even better a second hand proto reflex rail

http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/paintball-guns/dye-paintball-guns/proto-rise.html

Forget the maxxed as all it seems to give you extra is a 2 piece barrel and as its autococker threaded there are plenty of alternatives especially second hand.

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
I'd avoid the gs for exactly what they said new two blokes who both started with the minis and had problems one sent it back got a new one and that had more issues. In the end they ended up getting geo 3.5. But if you can get the dm13 you will be laughing for along time to come

Dean_BGPB

Jun 29, 2016
Probably better buying a second hand DM or Ego. A lot less problems, as Ive owned two different Mini's and each had their separate problems.

Scott Mackay

Jul 5, 2016
I'd take a rail anyday. I've heard nothing but good of rails, I know multiple people that have shot them for years and they still go strong. I've not heard the same for minis (having said that, the like and gray mini is a thing of beauty).

Charl

May 20, 2016
I've got a rail and can't fault it, never had an issue. Never used a mini though so I can't comment on that.

Would recommend a rail any day though :)

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
I haven't used an Invert Mini. I own a Proto Rail 2011 model myself and love it. It was also very easy for me to clean after my first walk-on. Took it apart cleaned it and back together again within an hour. Great wee gun and I would recommend the Proto Rail.