Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Invert mini turning on/off

Steg 521

Dec 4, 2012
Hi, I was using my mini yesterday and it kept turning its self on then wouldn't turn off then wouldn't turn on once it went off has anyone else had any problems similar to this ? I put a new battery in it so I know it wasn't that and another lad with a mini had similar trouble, it was very wet and cold could this have been the problem ?

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
This problem can be resolved in several ways...

1. New board (easiest, but most expensive)

2. New power button (fairly straight forward, de-solder and solder new switch, costs a couple of quid)

3. Clean existing switch (quite complicated, costs nothing)

I think there is some information I gave out on here a while back. I've fixed a couple of the minis belonging to guys at NPF with the same issue...

I'll have a bit of a search and when I find the info I'll PM it to you and post it in this thread so it's available to the masses.

If you want me to fix it for you, it's not a problem. Just get in touch, as long as you pay the postage each way, we'll work something out for the fix.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
The button is from Maplin, it's a tactile switch you're after, just measure the one on your board to be sure you get the right size.

I think it's 4 mm x 4 mm tactile switch and should be £1.09

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Hi, I was using my mini yesterday and it kept turning its self on then wouldn't turn off then wouldn't turn on once it went off has anyone else had any problems similar to this ? I put a new battery in it so I know it wasn't that and another lad with a mini had similar trouble, it was very wet and cold could this have been the problem ?
Me and my bro had a very similar problem with ours on sunday... f*@&ing weather! :mad:

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
This problem can be resolved in several ways...

1. New board (easiest, but most expensive)

2. New power button (fairly straight forward, de-solder and solder new switch, costs a couple of quid)

3. Clean existing switch (quite complicated, costs nothing)

I think there is some information I gave out on here a while back. I've fixed a couple of the minis belonging to guys at NPF with the same issue...

I'll have a bit of a search and when I find the info I'll PM it to you and post it in this thread so it's available to the masses.

If you want me to fix it for you, it's not a problem. Just get in touch, as long as you pay the postage each way, we'll work something out for the fix.
Hi MeDiC,

I have two minis which suffered similar problems with the optimus boards on sunday; how much would we be talking for fixing two boards?

Cheers!

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Be sure of the issue first matey... Is it difficult to get the mini to power on, I mean does the board power up if you press the button in a certain way or harder than usual ? If so, it's the switch. If the board doesn't power up at all it's either the battery or the board is fried...

Well, I checked Maplin. The buttons are £1.29 each.

What if I'd do the two for the price of replacing one board ? £30, you pay postage each way, materials and switch cost included...

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
Cool sounds good,

Yeah I need to go over in my head agaijn what happened on sunday in the rain, and establish what the exact problem is, and I'll let you know