Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion 101 upping...

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Wow brought back to life after 10 months! Good to see people still reading it.

Dye barrels with the interchangeable backs for different bore sizes also can have impulse and possibly other threads for other markers.

Don't worry Chris it's never about being wrong, it's just about learning and finding out things. Remember every day is a school day!

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
I use a 20" Freak Tactical with my Ion, and I have to say that I have dramatically increased accuracy and distance. Looks good too
After reading countless accounts and even an extensive study made by some guys with too much time on their hands, I made my conclusion and passed on my knowledge. Distance is subject to velocity, accuracy is at the mercy of fps consistency, good paint and paint to bore match. Oh and of course your own skill.

My recomendation stands at either a 12" or 14" depending on your own taste. :D

Furious1337

Apr 17, 2008
Cambridge
I'm ordering my ION very soon, i'm sure this will come in handy very soon :D One question i dont under stand for mthose guides is it says to turn the reg all the way counter-clockwise untill it stops, do you do this before you have attached your air tank to the gun?

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
If you are unaware of what the reg is set at, and then you attach the air it is entirely possible that you could input too much pressure to the internals of the ion and pop a few hoses.

Now an average ion would run at about 160psi (ish), and possibly less if you've upped it. The internals are rated for about 200psi, and anymore could cause it damage.

So... if your not sure what your reg is set at, then wind it all the way down before you apply the air bottle to ensure no probs. Once the air bottle is on, wind the reg up so you have about 160psi on the pressure gauge, and when you chrono you should be about roughly there. Less than 160psi if you've got ups. (Mine was running at about 120psi for 290fps - very efficient little beasty)

If you havent adjusted the reg at all since last time you pressurised your Ion, then you can take it in confidence it will be just about there, but please recognise that before you play you must chrono as temp/humidity/paint/paintball fairies can affect the fps from one day to the next. Hot guns are bad guns.... :(

YourMUM

1 4 all and all 4 1
Feb 25, 2005
devon
gilboys.co.uk
havin helped many of you guys up your IONs, even Marcus :rolleyes: , i think upping an ION is a great idea, though i've said it before, people who buy an EGO keep it for 12-18 months and then sell, those who have an ION have it for 2-8 months, spend a lot of money and then sell for a huge loss. Buy an ION, keep it for at least a year and enjoy it, its tournement grade, its fast, it can be lighter than an invert mini and more effcient than most guns that cost the better half of a grand. Also i think people spend too much on upgrades that are arnt worth it.
You are so rong in many ways , i have more problems with my sons ego 06 than my ion ,