Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ion allowed

marzocchi1988

Mar 17, 2013
plymouth
Might be a silly question but was wondering if I was to use an ion for a match would I have to run it in semi or could I use it in rebound obviously with a rof cap ?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Would depend entirely on the tournament/event. However, most UK tournaments would run to Millennium rules and require millennium ramping.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Pretty much every tournament is going to require your Ion to be compliant with Millennium Series rules

Rule ''10.01 Markers''

- The first 3 shots must be semi-auto mode only.
- Markers will be limited to a ROF of 10 balls per second (in 2009 actually 10.5 bps), defined as no two consecutive shots may be timed shorter than 95ms apart (reading on ROF meter of 10.5 bps or less = legal; reading on ROF meter of 10.6 bps or higher = illegal).
- Ramping of shots will be allowed only once 5 bps has been achieved. Then the marker may ramp to 10 bps, but only as long as the 5 bps is continually maintained. Once the trigger is stopped to be activated, only one single additional shot may be discharged.

Clarification: the 5 bps for start/sustain ramping dose not need to be hit physically, it refers to the time delay between trigger activations, which must be at least the equivalent to 5 bps. So a marker may start to ramp up to 10 bps, if (after the first three shots being in semi-auto only) the time delay between 3rd and 4th trigger activation is less than 200ms.
If the software on your Ion won't let you, you'll either have to use another gun, or update the electronics with a board that either has custom settings allowing you to set the ramp activation, ramp speed and rate of fire cap, or has the 10bps rate of fire MS mode included as a pre-set option!

HTH

hipjaw

pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk // Reading Entity // #22
Apr 8, 2011
Bristol
pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk
Hi mate. It would have to be either millennium ramping or semi capped at 10.4 (or 10). I know the ion doesn't have mills settings unless you have an aftermarket board