Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion bottle / reg leak

tweak

Aug 14, 2008
Brighton
hi all, for some reason my ion has a very slight leak coming from the reg, ive tried changing the main o-ring but it didnt seem to have any effect, just wondering what could be causing the leak and what can be done to fix it

many thanks, all help much appreciated

YourMUM

1 4 all and all 4 1
Feb 25, 2005
devon
gilboys.co.uk
You need to CLEAN the reg. also do you have the little mesh filter in the frame still. if not PUT IT IN .

also cheque the front banjo fitting

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
about that mesh filter, i was told on talkpaintball that will not effect the gun if its in or out.
and how would that cause a leak anyway?

Dfresa14

Jun 18, 2008
Rainham, Essex
Always have the filter in, even air refills can be dirty.

If the new o-ring you placed on the reg is not working, i suggest cleaning and lubing the reg (even if it doesn't sort out the leak it will improve consistency). If that fails, chuck a bottle o-ring onto the reg, which i think is slightly bigger.

If your reg feels lose when screwed onto the gun, deffinately chuck a bottle o-ring on even if the leak has stopped.

Dan.

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
How slight is a "slight leak" as the Ion's always have a slight leak from the reg. If you can hear it only by putting your ear to it its probably that and normal. If its audible whilst holding it regularly then you should get a proper marker tech to have a look at it.