yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
...For recball. A halo and 5000psi tank is slightly overkill :p

-Will
Hey don't skit, that's what I use for rec ball. :rolleyes:

---

he did say the best.....
the best hopper and air system to go with it.
The best to go with it, I.e. The best to go with the ION.
For the hopper I realise I will will need an electro one, but the choice seems unlimited and was looking for a recomendation of a good reliable budget one.
Please, as I'm a newbie, help me make sensible budgetry choices that will let me get the best from my Ion....
He's looking for budget, but a good match for the ION.

---

but a bit confused about the requirements of High and Low pressure and stuff like that.
For your ION, both HP and LP will work, although HP is better for it as you will get a better recharge rate and it can be used on more markers if you choose to upgrade at a later date.

domo247

Only Gods can use Angels
May 12, 2006
...For recball. A halo and 5000psi tank is slightly overkill :p

-Will
I don’t think so if he wants 1.1 bottle it has got to be a 4500 psi bottle I believe. And most bottles are 4500 psi if there 5000 psi the price difference is minimal if anything.

And I don’t see how its an overkill its not like its £50 difference its about £25 which is not very much when your spending around £100 plus his bottle will last over 7 years at least so he might as well just get 1.1 4500 psi and be done with it.

Hopper Evo II with the upgraded board would be ideal or a second hand halo/reloader B.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Thanks, and whats recharge rate mean?

Thanks everyone for responding to my newbie questions, and also for the educational debate regarding hopper and air types. Think the egg hopper seems the way to go (with either gaffa tape or a mod - Thanks NorthIrish), however for air it seems that I need to look for a 1.1L at either 3000psi or 4500psi depending on what would be available on the 2nd hand market at the time.

I am indeed on a budget, due to a wedding next year, and can't see myself getting my permission slip signed to spend more than £100 total on hopper/air/on-off. The classified forum on here is a godsend!

Mask and battle pack/pots can hopefully be Christmas / Birthday presents.

Okay, another newbie question.

For your ION, both HP and LP will work, although HP is better for it as you will get a better recharge rate and it can be used on more markers if you choose to upgrade at a later date.
What does the term 'recharge rate' mean?

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
recharge

an ion 'holds' a set amount of air inside itself (in the hoses, fire chamber etc) which is used to cycle the marker when the trigger is pulled. If this pressure cannot be maintained between shots then you get drop off as the internal pressure lowers with each shot (subsequent shots travel less distance due to less pressure behind the ball). Idealy you want a high recharge rate so that the internal pressure gets back to ~180-200psi after every cycle.