Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion Macroline too short for reg?

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Macroline is as long as a piece of string, you cut it to the length you need. And you'd normally say you need some macroline, not a macroline. Also as its pretty cheap, its usful to have a bit in your tool/spares kit, incase your connection starts to leak or your line gets worn.

bulldog2k

2 sizes? Not easily, you can't

Aran, as far as I know, thast's not a Dynasty reg - it's a standard vert max-flo. This is not an LPR which is a secondary additional reg that most shockers do not have, much to some others' chagrin

bulldog2k

Now the shadow of the master has fallen over this thread, I'm panicking I've missed something.

I vaguely remember something from our sponsors website saying something like 6mm line is now obsolete, 1/" is the industry standard. Am I warmish, Tom?

But I certainly have never asked for the size when I've bought it, Aran - far as I'm concerned, it's just 'macroline,please' and you get the quarter-inch stuff

aran

Enter the Dragon
Aug 15, 2005
London
Visit site
Tom put me out my misery please.....
This is a pic of the reg
and this is a picture of an ion:
with a similar on/off, and to me the macroline looks way shorter than the first pic, or is it as GC said an extra 7 mils in the reg i can stretch to reach the elbow of the dynasty reg? So i think i will buy the longest macroline and just see how it goes???

Help will be much appreciated guys,
Im off to school:(

Aran

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
great thread, i say gold board!

Aran, just buy a few feet (thats about 60 cm or so, 2 foot) and cut it to required length, and keep the rest. its not a standard part of set length, macro varies to your setup, hence buying a length and cutting it to the required size.

im sure your sorted now though, right?!:D

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
In the paintball industry 1/4" is the so called standard, as opposed to the European industry standard of 6mm.

As SP use Norgren fittings (now here's the clever bit)

THEY HAVE THE MACROLINE SIZE MARKED ON THE COLLAR.

It should say 1/4" or 6mm around the collar (where the macroline goes in) just like a pound coin.

My guess is 1/4", and if you ask nicely i'll send you up a length of macroline in the size you require FOC.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Tom - that's far too kind... I heard that a macroline costs somewhere in the region of £300 and you're offering it for free?

;)