Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ION TECH URGENT (2 days left and counting)

Craig thats much more helpful.

It cant be a dry bolt, not if its only partially cycling at 50ms.

Now we know you dont run a QEV, we can rule that out as a problem also.

On an ion, when the bolt isnt coming forward it usually means there is a problem venting the air from in front of the bolt.

So its very likely to be either the front banjo, the small pipe from the banjo to the noid or the noid itself.

Because the bolt is partially coming forward but not properly, you need to ensure the air pathway is not restricted in some way.

Also if you could humour me, and let me know that you've checked the solenoid top, and that the cutout under the top is indeed pointing towards the front of the gun, I can stop going on about it ;)

John

Another thing to try is to air up the gun without the pipe going to the middle banjo attached.

Assuming all is well with your bolt assembly, the bolt should come forward and fire, so be prepared for that :eek:

If it does come forward nicely, then you have ruled out alot of problems related to sticky bolts etc.

Oily

Big kid
Jul 30, 2006
Radcliffe,Manchester
Debris blocking the sail output of the noid. Little bits of bumper oring and globs of lube can block this port from supplying the pressure to push the sail back. A sticking armature can also cause this. Service the noid, making sure to clean out all lube and make sure the tee-fitting oring is good.

The furthest post that the solenoid coil is soldered to is shorting against the frame. This will cause solenoid to exhaust the pressure holding the sail back and the bolt will stay forward.