Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ion upps

crumpler

BEorangeD
Oct 24, 2005
Norfolk
Visit site
hi thanks for all the info. i would buy that new board but dought will have the money by 2mos lol but mite buy 1 wen they come in stock again.

oh and buldog could u tell me where to get that trigger from plaese cause i can only find places to sell the cp trigger but none of the other 1se.

cheers ppl

bulldog2k

No, it's not but it's still free shipping to the UK

Crumpler, I also noticed you posted in another thread about replacing the bolt. Replacement bolts still are widely unavailable (certainly in the UK) and to be honest unnecessary - that would be very low on my list of possible upgrades. Thje Orange bolt - in a quest to make it as light as possible - has a reputation for snapping.

Rather than take it to that level of upgrading everything, I'd put that money to buying a second Ion

zxr

Sod Off!
Jul 26, 2005
on t'internet
www.rightmove.co.uk
Originally posted by mike from brum
One thing, don't get a QEV.
The reason Smart Parts havent brought out their own is because simply, the thing dont need one.
I've had a QEV in my Ion, and i've now taken it out. they cause more trouble than good.
Why are the QEV's more troulble than good?
What QEV did you have?

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Originally posted by zxr
Why are the QEV's more troulble than good?
What QEV did you have?
Due to the lower dwell, the Ion will be harsher on brittle paint, but cycle times will be lowered. This can also lead to the detents and bumper o-ring getting mashed. So although the efficiency is supposed to get better, once your bumper o-ring gets beat up, the seal around the breech when the ball is fired isn't....well....sealed, so air can be lost here.
The qev's have been known to get stuck, it voids your warranty of course, you have to cut the body...

Theres a few reasons, of course non are huge else nobody would put a qev in the thing.

But, like I said, the reason Smart Parts dont use one, Tigers dont use them, is because they arent needed and cause more hassle than you would get if you left the gun alone!

PaintballBudgie

Stroke the badge Kenneth!
Some nice some awful and yes.

Most allow access to the bolt etc without complete dissassembly.

I have just ordered a new gripframe and a new body when they have the fades next week.

if you look on Ion owners there is a sticky with links to upgrades.
the are catagorised , ie bodykits, grips, boards.

Worth a look.