Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion

konastab01

Nov 22, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
was speaking to the guy at smart parts yesterday and he said that really to make it a great marker,you would need a q lock and a new barrel(he also said that there was someone at a pro tourny in maimi that was using one.
Once I get mine im gonna order the total freak kit for it and get a new trigger and q lock and then that should be me sorted out

ionhalo

Cobra's Member
Sep 24, 2005
Visit site
what is it with people and new triggers what you think it makes u shoot faster.. no it dont, playing for a year+ makes you shoot faster

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Originally posted by ionhalo
what is it with people and new triggers what you think it makes u shoot faster.. no it dont, playing for a year+ makes you shoot faster

Well actually it does make you shoot faster. Everyone would stick with the stock triggers if there wasn't any performance increases.

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Maybe, around that I guess.

Theres quite a few reasons for a better trigger. I've played around with the stock one which I found a bit heavy after using quite light triggers. Also I didn't like the double finger indentations, all personal preference but slow down my personal capabilities.

In mechanism terms, if you were to swap it for a lighter in weight trigger, you should in theory be able to cycle it faster working on the same principles as lighter bolts. You can adjust the stock to a short/long pull, but you can get different shapes of trigger that feel better and are in a nicer angle/postion to walk, and coupled with a good preference of pull the user can cycle faster depending on what feels the best for them.

Theres the extra colours of new ones, bearings make a smoother pull etc and other reasons for a change.

:Edited cos I came off a bit harsh, apoligies.

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
I bought an Ion as a toy to see what all the fuss is about and I gotta say its pretty nifty, The stock trigger is by no means the best in the world but you can still get it flyin if set up right.

Try it first, then if you dont like it, change it:)