Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion...

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
yeh ok point taken

Ignore my random ION slagging its meant in fun no real hating involved - i even bought one once :D

bulldog2k

Well, it's just that I rather like the idea of buying the 'lite' version of a rifle, and only adding the bits as and when you need them.

eg; shockers are - what? £500 new?

So - £35 for the decent feedneck and replace with a low-end stock one, get rid of the nice AA barrel = £50, the Oops could prob generate £30, the trigger say £20

Suddenly you have a new £350 shocker...

Just a thought - I think it's not a disadvantage but marketing brilliance - particularly at that end of the market

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
yeh but SP dont mention the extra £150 in there marketing blah do they - you run a very highly modified ION bud - I enjoy building shockers both of us are very aware of the quality of the stock product -I believe that 80%of the people the ION is aimed at aren't.

size 6 feet

Mar 28, 2004
coventry
Visit site
with all the add ons you buy to make it more shall we sat PRO looking doesnt just come with the ion

look at the timmy both 2k2 to alias to the 06 you had to spend a bit to get the best out of it and manual what a bloody joke £1000 marker and x amount of photocopied bits of paper:mad: :eek:

thank god for planet and dye yes there gear is in the upper price bracket for gear but it is well thought out and presented

i for one am not a sp hater i had an impulse as my first marker after i got back into paintball,i also owned an ion which i liked (but due to issues never used).smart parts raised the bar by making a cheap average build quality marker with some bells and whistles to ATTRACT AND HOPEFULLY KEEP new players in the sport for a small investment so fair play to sp;)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
excuse my above post I misread bulldogs

waht i was trying to say was that ultimately SP build quality is crap on both ION and shocker formats and the fact you have to spend money upgrading them from stock is not a good thing - it is also not advertised as so - for obvious reasons

the way I see it is that i pay the extra for my high end markers because everything neccissary is already provided - the EGO is a work of art - the DM6 is better.... the only things you could ever want to change are for cosmetic reasons not necessity - I mean to bring out a marker without an adjustable feedneck and a stock feedneck that doesnt fit at least one of the two most commonly used loaders in the sport- what use is that?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
and your right and have made the good call - im also assuming you have the SP backup techwise that the tigers have - which makes a big difference ;)

I however am like a large percentage of lesser league ballers in the fact that I have more money than sense :)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Dskize
a stock feedneck that doesnt fit at least one of the two most commonly used loaders in the sport- what use is that?
cough DM6 ;););)
and yes i know its not one of the two top ones
but thought id take the piss anyways ho ho ho