Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Iron City Classic 2018

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Glad to see the Preds making the journey for this, and I think we all wish them the best of luck. On a side note, the team rosters read like an allstar who's who of 90's paintball. 26170735_562023614143557_1681751165597028823_o.png

Reactions: Shepherd:03

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I am super happy to see this taking off. I would absolutely love to play this event. *maybe I can find a way to fly to the states for work...*

Perhaps with the popularity of UWL, the great work Twizz and crew are going, maybe we can get a 1 off 10 man mech/5.5bps electro, event in the UK? I mean the very first hyperball tournament was in the UK surely we can resurrect it! I'd fly over just to hear the loud twap twap twap of hyperball again.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
I am super happy to see this taking off. I would absolutely love to play this event. *maybe I can find a way to fly to the states for work...*

Perhaps with the popularity of UWL, the great work Twizz and crew are going, maybe we can get a 1 off 10 man mech/5.5bps electro, event in the UK? I mean the very first hyperball tournament was in the UK surely we can resurrect it! I'd fly over just to hear the loud twap twap twap of hyperball again.
There's been at least one attempt at a mech event in the UK in the last few months, but it failed due to the usual thing - lack of players committing to it. There is a solid core of players here who use mechs, but they are individuals, not teams, and not the 40-50 players you need to run a tournament with.

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
There's been at least one attempt at a mech event in the UK in the last few months, but it failed due to the usual thing - lack of players committing to it. There is a solid core of players here who use mechs, but they are individuals, not teams, and not the 40-50 players you need to run a tournament with.
We also tried to run a Mech event in 2017.... 2 teams were interested...

Jon (@Hansel) is right - there are individuals not teams and even then not enough.

There is a mechanical walkon trying to get itself off the ground, but even that had a limited turn out from what I have seen.

The US mech events have a much larger player base in terms of size of country.

If you want something - then run it. Twizz and Dave wanted to play the events that we now run back in 2014 - we've worked at it, invested and now we are where we are.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
We also tried to run a Mech event in 2017.... 2 teams were interested...

Jon (@Hansel) is right - there are individuals not teams and even then not enough.

There is a mechanical walkon trying to get itself off the ground, but even that had a limited turn out from what I have seen.

The US mech events have a much larger player base in terms of size of country.

If you want something - then run it. Twizz and Dave wanted to play the events that we now run back in 2014 - we've worked at it, invested and now we are where we are.
Maybe the thing to do is to piggyback a mech tournament onto an event that is already happening.

For example, the CPPS have a supair field at Paintfest. Given there will be a huge turnout of all kinds of players for Paintfest - including mech users - this would seem the natural choice for a mech tournament with no financial risk for whoever organises it.

Ask Ged & Ainsley nicely, get permission from Ainsley to use the field for a certain timeslot, advertise it on FB, Insta, etc., any green fee you charge goes to Ainsley or Ged. Simple. You'd have to run it on the Saturday, though, as the main game happens on the Sunday.

Call it "CPPS Classic 2018" or something. Planet could even use it to promote the GMEK, and call it the GMEK Classic 2018.

If nobody shows up to play, it's the usual thing - commitment.

Last edited:

MechMasters

Aug 8, 2017
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys, just to let you now Mechanical Masters Paintball UK are doing just this in 2018. We have over 200mech players in our facebook group all wanting to play mech.

In 2018 there are 5man one day touraments and walk-ons.

This is not an advert for a game just advise on where to find the best mechanical games in the UK in 2018.

Reactions: dfr350

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Yes I would love to do a pump only 3/5 man speedball event. Cheap and huge fun with a higher skill level needed than a fast trigger and huge painntbill :)