Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is .68 cal on the way out?

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
I remember reading a study on the accuracy of paintballs and what increase or decreases accuracy. They took a certain brand (or brands) of paint and shot it through several different markers (which had been clamped in place) using different barrel systems to try and find out what factors are important to maintain good accuracy. Exactly as Robbo has stated here and in many other areas of the forum it includes a good combination of consistent paint, good barrel to paint match, consistent markers and so forth. It was a while back when I read this so please excuse me if I havent got all the facts 100%.

What would perhaps clear up some of the mystery of 0.50 over 0.68 being would be if someone could produce a similair test and see how 0.68 compares to 0.50 for accuracy?

Good quality consistent markers clamped in place one 0.68 the other 0.50, good barrel to paint match, paint that despite the size difference has been manufactured and stored in similair ways and then fired down a range to see how the resultant spread compares.

I think if the 0.50 at least compares well to the 0.68 and it is promised 0.50 paint would be cheaper then we may see 0.50 cal become the prominent paint?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I remember reading a study on the accuracy of paintballs and what increase or decreases accuracy. They took a certain brand (or brands) of paint and shot it through several different markers (which had been clamped in place) using different barrel systems to try and find out what factors are important to maintain good accuracy. Exactly as Robbo has stated here and in many other areas of the forum it includes a good combination of consistent paint, good barrel to paint match, consistent markers and so forth. It was a while back when I read this so please excuse me if I havent got all the facts 100%.

What would perhaps clear up some of the mystery of 0.50 over 0.68 being would be if someone could produce a similair test and see how 0.68 compares to 0.50 for accuracy?

Good quality consistent markers clamped in place one 0.68 the other 0.50, good barrel to paint match, paint that despite the size difference has been manufactured and stored in similair ways and then fired down a range to see how the resultant spread compares.

I think if the 0.50 at least compares well to the 0.68 and it is promised 0.50 paint would be cheaper then we may see 0.50 cal become the prominent paint?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I'm still trying to figure out exactly why people are so against the change to .50cal.
What's not to like if it does have the range and accuracy of .68cal and cheaper as the claims being made.

Most people on P8ntballer seem to be open minded and prepared to give it a chance to succeed from what i have read so far,unlike PBN which seems to have it's fair share of "this is going to destroy paintball" brigade :rolleyes:.

But as Corporal Jones would say.................

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
If many years ago .50 cal was the standard and someone now came out with a .68 cal paintball. What would people be saying? Probably the same except no current gun would have been able to fire it! Just because its new or different doesn't make it bad. Lets just see where it goes. If players buy it in volumes then it will sell along side or in place of .68 in the future. Compare the market lol
Simple:)

burnzy1989

its time to make a solid stream line of paint
Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
I personally think they should keep both paintball`s 68. and 50. cal so that you have a choice to pic from if the 50. cal is slightly cheaper it would encourage more people to play due to it being cheaper. they wont get rid of 68.cal due to the shear quantity of paintball markers that are 68.cal no one would change over. So just see it as a second choice of paint to use.