Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is it always this quiet round here?

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Ha haaa you ain't wrong, is he still doing all that rock ****?

You know what, been wondering again about the forum activity recently and there isn't really any excuse for lack of action. I post on the train on the way to work, wen I'm on the throne, on the train home and jut before I pass out in bed.

Back in the day (yeah, more old man talk) we didn't have iPhones and ****. This place should be lit up with new posts all the time...non for sale posts too.

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I reckon its facebookk n such.

Rather than register on forums people can just slam some words into a facebook group and get an answer.

mainly, people no longer have to interact on forums to have banter with their balling buddies, so less time spent having banter on forums, most posts are educational type discussions on whatever the latest problem with a marker is etc.

The problem is, fb cant archive or have an easy to read history, so the pball groups get the same questions time and time again.

Forums wont be going anywhere, they are much needed sources of information.

me and cooks wouldn't earn those big bux mod salaries either.

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
Must agree here with Craig- For the Tippmann Challenge this year, every team/faction that had a sub-forum set up for them on UKS, and immediately they created a facebook page. The sub-forums are pretty much empty, with all the players in my faction chatting on facebook :oops:
However, forums aren't gonna disappear. Social Networks can't offer the same as a good, well organised forum. Hopefully, the new season will bring with it an influx of new players with their Christmas Prezzies and the place will be bustling once again :D

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
I still personally think there are a few too many sub forums on here. I know it's good to organsie, but do we really need a seperate forum for everything. I'd rather just see things like vids, anouncements, speak your brains and the brain box combined into one big general paintball sub forum. Makes it look busy, plus I can never be bothered to go through every sub forum just to see whats cracking. Likewise do we really need an 'all about p8ntballer' and a 'talk to the mods' section. Why not just combine things like those?

I feel it just looks a bit **** when some of the forums are hardly ever posted in, so never get visited. Then if someone does make a valid post there, it probably gets missed by half the users.

What do you all think? Time to restructure?

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Been ages. Probably 3 years at least since my last post, other than the few in the last couple of weeks. Probably over 5 years since full on participatuion.

I'll stick something in there then, but this is how silly forums get......surely the mods read almost everything between them? Having a section for everything doen't always a good forum make. I've participated in a lot of forums over the years, on a lot of different tings and the best ones just seemed to have sections covering broader areas where people could just drop in and see what was new quickly. I know theres always the 'whats new' tab at the top, but sometimes I'm not arsed about 20 pages of for sale items and coments on them.

Anyway I'm just trying to throw a few ideas about. What the hell do I know.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well changing the subdivisions isn't going to change much because i think i am right in saying that the vast majority of people just hit the 'what's new?' button and that will look the same no matter what. While some sub forums may be jiggled about i don't think it will make things any different and especially areas like talk to the mods it is very important to let the mods see exactly when someone needs help without having to scroll past other non-essential posts.