Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

is it illegal to fire your paintball gun in your back garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMcTaf

Dec 16, 2008
London
I might be going off topic here, but what about carrying pintball guns, (unassebled) on public transport, and the items are hidden in a bag or something, where does the law lie there ?

ie if the police exercised there stop and search powers on you and found you carrying a "paintball marker " ?

TomMcTaf

Dec 16, 2008
London
Hi Tom,
read the articles:paintball & the law from this site, very handy.
http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballlaw.asp#2

Thanks chuckwood, so basically on reading this articale, the police could slap an ASB0 on someone going to a paintball site while using public transport!

(1) Possession of firearms in a public place
A person commits an offence if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on him) he has with him in a public place

(b) an air weapon (whether loaded or not)

Hopefully this would never happen, as the person would have a ligitimate reason :)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Thanks chuckwood, so basically on reading this articale, the police could slap an ASB0 on someone going to a paintball site while using public transport!
If you are on public transport no as long as it is in a bag/case adequately covered up. There would be no reason for the police to check your bags under normal circumstances. If they do and you are legitimately carrying it from site to site (home to a friends house - home to site etc) then they cannot do anything.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I believe it IS illegal to carry compressed air on public transport though, so carrying a full bottle might not be as kosher, but as pointed out the police are unlikely to search you on the bus.

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
My dad mentioned something about if you are carrying both, weapon (paintball marker) and ammunition (Air, Paintballs) all at the same time in a public place it can be considered a concealed weapon.

anyone know anymore on this?

Skeet

Platinum Member
My dad mentioned something about if you are carrying both, weapon (paintball marker) and ammunition (Air, Paintballs) all at the same time in a public place it can be considered a concealed weapon.

anyone know anymore on this?
First off: Markers "should not be considered as firearms". From the Home Office Guidelines. Airguns are considered Firearms, but are differentiated from Rifles, shotguns and other Section 1/5 Firearms.

As DS said, if your marker is in a bag, with no paint in it and no bottle on it, then is not "loaded in a public place" and it is "covered so that it cannot be fired".

I don't know about carrying compressed gasses on Public Transport, but I suspect that it may depend on the volume involved.

As with anything, just be sensible about what you do.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
i always shoot my gun in my garden...its my house my land so hey ill do what i like.

Dont try and shoot a seagull tho, they fly out of the way :)

.......im joking.

its cuel, dont shoot it, even tho they are flying rats.
(against the law too ;))

Skeet

Platinum Member
i always shoot my gun in my garden...its my house my land so hey ill do what i like.

Dont try and shoot a seagull tho, they fly out of the way :)

.......im joking.

its cuel, dont shoot it, even tho they are flying rats.
(against the law too ;))
Even on your own land, you could still potentially get bitched at for making a nuisance to your neighbours (noise and the like). It si a good idea to inform your neighbours if you can (if it is likely they will hear/see you) even suggest they have a go if you like. Also try and make sure your back stop is a quiet one.

Status
Not open for further replies.