Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is it racist?

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Personally I think women should have to inform the company they work for if they plan to get pregnant and wish to retain certain rights. Probably not a popular opinion but hey...

d rabe

STD 2011
Aug 6, 2008
The basement
ok then if its not racist...answer this....
white man and black man chinese or indian it doesnt matter all go for a police officers job....in what would be called a white area of a town (racists area)they the police force could not say we are sorry mr A your skin colour and race is not suitable we needed a white guy....could they? no thay can not....but what you guys are saying they can:confused:
the same the other way round

look there can not be grey area...i used to work in a gym owned by a good friend of myself ..it was the most mixed race gym you would ever come across and the reason it had no trouble was there was no eceptions...no individuals could make any remrks to say there own friends regarding it ...you all know what i mean we hear these rappers calling each other it...
if it was heard they got kicked full stop..

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
white man and black man chinese or indian it doesnt matter all go for a police officers job....in what would be called a white area of a town (racists area)they the police force could not say we are sorry mr A your skin colour and race is not suitable we needed a white guy....could they? no thay can not....but what you guys are saying they can:confused:
Police officers are not hired to exclusively "patrol" specific areas #
So your arguement is not valid

wings

The Firm
Nov 30, 2007
Halifax
It's called positive discrimination whether it's right or wrong is beyond me but in certain cases it works and in others it clearly doesn't.

The example you chose with the police officers:
Ideally the police force should reflect the population. There should be a fair amount of people from all races, backgrounds, sexes and ages. It is the polices job to protect the community, and it needs to connect and communicate with the community. In your example you use a 'white' area, well surely the white police officer will do a better job at dealing with that community. I hope that explains, if poorly, the reason for it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Matski, I got an idea, me and you form a new political party and get voted in by the next election ...... the first thing I'd do is charge all those MPs who stole our money with theft and make sure they do time .... then I'd bash Mandelhson, Brown and Prescott ..... and then I'd make a list of politicians who have lied to us and set about drafting a torture plan :)

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
drabe, the answer is yes and no - the police can on occassion work on a racial mandate.

the police work on a positive discrimination policy. they will always consider race/ethnicity when looking at NEW applicants, but cannot say you can't join because of it.

in some cases in the police race/ethnicity is considered for particular jobs for SERVING officers, eg: community liason officers.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
Matski, I got an idea, me and you form a new political party and get voted in by the next election ...... the first thing I'd do is charge all those MPs who stole our money with theft and make sure they do time .... then I'd bash Mandelhson, Brown and Prescott ..... and then I'd make a list of politicians who have lied to us and set about drafting a torture plan :)
well there goes pretty much every MP so far....even the ones that haven't flat out lied have done a pretty decent job at bending the truth.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot

look there can not be grey area...i used to work in a gym owned by a good friend of myself ..it was the most mixed race gym you would ever come across and the reason it had no trouble was there was no eceptions...no individuals could make any remrks to say there own friends regarding it ...you all know what i mean we hear these rappers calling each other it...
if it was heard they got kicked full stop..
This has to be the most lame comparison I've seen in a while.

d rabe

STD 2011
Aug 6, 2008
The basement
positive discrimination:cool:you mean a cop out excuse the pun:Dim votting for robbos party...

rascism can not be just used one way you know ...i see it everyday...get this is what we was told at work you couldnt say go see the romanian man at the end of the line but it was ok for him to call me english man :eek:

in the gym i worked in new starters had to be shown everthing .that includded the tanning studio...didnt matter black ,white all the same..

i understand this is a very complex subject and it will never be fair...as much as i would like it to be....i wounder if i go to china would i be treated as equal or would they be rasist to me ....i would hope not but fear most probably yes....we in this country can try to lead the way but in all fairness it doesnt work