Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is magfed where it’s at?

Darkpud

It’s better burn out, than to fade away
Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Is the tech reliable? Are they popular or is it just thing for MilSim fanatics?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Is the tech reliable? Are they popular or is it just thing for MilSim fanatics?
They are popular
They are also very often still based on pretty old paintball technology
So if you know your stuff then problems can be thought through
But those are lacking in the innovations and ease of very established & easily maintained newer technologies

MagFed attracts those who are into Milsim (whether very immersed or just a bit military like) and also those who fancy some limitations of low capacity magazines, bolt actions etc- just like there are those interested in pumps etc

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
They are popular
They are also very often still based on pretty old paintball technology
So if you know your stuff then problems can be thought through
But those are lacking in the innovations and ease of very established & easily maintained newer technologies

MagFed attracts those who are into Milsim (whether very immersed or just a bit military like) and also those who fancy some limitations of low capacity magazines, bolt actions etc- just like there are those interested in pumps etc
Tom if you don’t mind me asking, if you had 5 biscuits to spend then what would you buy - the EMF100 or the Etha 2?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Currently EMF

But I do currently have 5 or 6 speedball style guns, 7? Pistols excluding 2 revolvers, some pumps and a few more

And I now have no Magfed except for the pistols having sold my Hammer 7 & Dye Dam

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Currently EMF

But I do currently have 5 or 6 speedball style guns, 7? Pistols excluding 2 revolvers, some pumps and a few more

And I now have no Magfed except for the pistols having sold my Hammer 7 & Dye Dam
But why! Why damn it? … a few specifics to qualify your choice.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
But why! Why damn it? … a few specifics to qualify your choice.
Two general reasons:
1) I don’t currently own any proper magfed, therefore if I was to buy something it would probably be magfed. However my last purchase was a pump (empire sniper) so that’s a limited gun anyway

2) This is a personal piece - I could not handle the magazines of a number of magfeds.
Pistols I’m fine with, the Dye Dam I’m fine with (which is the same magazine as the EMF) and the hammer 7 I’m fine with
But hand me a ‘classic’ Magfed and I fumble the reloads, either too hard and I’m breaking paint or too soft and it doesn’t enhage properly and releases the top paintball in a gap between magazine and.breach then crushing it

Reactions: Darkpud

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Two general reasons:
1) I don’t currently own any proper magfed, therefore if I was to buy something it would probably be magfed. However my last purchase was a pump (empire sniper) so that’s a limited gun anyway

2) This is a personal piece - I could not handle the magazines of a number of magfeds.
Pistols I’m fine with, the Dye Dam I’m fine with (which is the same magazine as the EMF) and the hammer 7 I’m fine with
But hand me a ‘classic’ Magfed and I fumble the reloads, either too hard and I’m breaking paint or too soft and it doesn’t enhage properly and releases the top paintball in a gap between magazine and.breach then crushing it
Dokie dokie, thanks for the input, some interesting points I had no comprehension of. I kind of think in my heart of hearts I’m the kind of guy that likes to shoot his load off as quick as possible, so I’m still on the fence about what I’m gonna get most joy out of. #randomspray