Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball being promoted enough in the UK?

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Ya know Tartan, if there's one thing I have learned time and again on this site, it is the following :- 'Pete, stay away from wannabee smart arses' ...... because commonsense cannot ever win, you are limbering up to become a Scottish Brockdorff and believe me, Scotland can well do without duplicating his presence in this neck of the solar system.

I really can't be arsed to even bother answering your reply because you will only answer again, not with a reasoned rebuttal that stays on course but with what you think is a clever reply.

I can tell by the way you phrased and constructed that last one, you 'think' you are clever and that was the mistake Brockdorff always used to make because in his head, it legitimized his replies, whatever they turned out to be...and I am afraid you are afflicted with the same shortcoming.
Now you know why I drink ;)

Sid
See you at the weekend mate

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
You told me it was to counterweight your ass........
At least I have an A$$

Sid

Robbo on a side note about this kid....he actually told me he thought I was responsible for the demise of Scottish Paintball....needless to say I explained I wasn't......

Anyway......see you in a few days big chap, you bringing your better half this weekend?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
At least I have an A$$

Sid

Robbo on a side note about this kid....he actually told me he thought I was responsible for the demise of Scottish Paintball....needless to say I explained I wasn't......

Anyway......see you in a few days big chap, you bringing your better half this weekend?
Where do we breed these idiots ??
Why on earth doesn't nature find some way of weeding them out at the conception stage... ya know like....a woman's uterus developing an organic hammer that smashes the sh!t out of any tadpole that looks like it's gonna be smart arse ..... hmmmmmmm..... if he described you as being responsible for the demise of Scottish Paintball then I suppose he would also describe Hadrian as an integrationist :rolleyes:

See ya at the bar Sid !

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Where do we breed these idiots ??
Why on earth doesn't nature find some way of weeding them out at the conception stage... ya know like....a woman's uterus developing an organic hammer that smashes the sh!t out of any tadpole that looks like it's gonna be smart arse ..... hmmmmmmm..... if he described you as being responsible for the demise of Scottish Paintball then I suppose he would also describe Hadrian as an integrationist :rolleyes:

See ya at the bar Sid !
I got the Hadrian part mate....the rest.....you lost me, I left school with an O grade in stealing cars and a higher in patter mate.....don't use big words on me Robbo, you know they are wasted ;)

I'll be at the bar mate, see you at the weekend, yeah okay, I'll get the first round in.....jjjeeeezzzzz........

And Ralph....your right...what idiot thought paintball in the UK could come form anywhere but Englandshire......duh.......tell me who it was and I'll give him a slap ;)

Sid

Tartan Blaster

Dec 1, 2005
Stirling, Scotland
Visit site
Firstly thank you slim you are right that my points may be misinterpretted but those points still deserve a thought out response not simply a dig at the posters english, experience or personality. I might be sound advice to leave the arguments to the people with more experience but like you say I enjoy these discussions and also if anyone wants to improve the sport and boost their and everyone elses enjoyment they need to argue their own views if they want to be carried out or take things into their own hands (I do the first emphatically as you can tell and am also starting on the second). Yet like I have said before I'm not trying to tick anyone off.
Yet what is getting to me here is that I'm not even arguing a different point I'm arguing against people who have already posted similiar ideas. First off robbo reading these forums I have only thought of you as a straight thinking, sensible bloke and agree with what you have said in this thread and in others, as paintball does need to be promoted more as it would make it easier for punters to get into the sport. However I hardly take kindly to the fact that I should be killed at the time of my conception and before labelling me please understand what you are labelling me with.
smart arse or know it all would first of all depend on me simply claiming to be right on the sheer basis of my knowledge and that I wouldn't conced a point even when proven wrong by a person with more experience which I haven't.
Like I quoted in my reply to sid I haven't claimed to have much experience of uk paintball and that my observations are simply based on what I have seen so they can be taken with a pinch of salt but they still seem to be the same as your own.
also like with this quote here
these sites might be in the minority if so fine
I admit that I am wrong in thinking that most of paintball sites increase prices when struggling thus completely doing away with your badly thought out insult.

Now I don't mind if you think I have misunderstood the situation somehow or if you consider my and your views don't correlate (though I don't see how with the wording you've used) but I do mind if you ignore my views and simply proceed to insult me.

Slim Clan

Back from the Beach
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh
www.theclan-paintball.com
Firstly thank you slim you are right that my points may be misinterpretted but those points still deserve a thought out response not simply a dig at the posters english, experience or personality. I might be sound advice to leave the arguments to the people with more experience but like you say I enjoy these discussions and also if anyone wants to improve the sport and boost their and everyone elses enjoyment they need to argue their own views if they want to be carried out or take things into their own hands (I do the first emphatically as you can tell and am also starting on the second). Yet like I have said before I'm not trying to tick anyone off.
Yet what is getting to me here is that I'm not even arguing a different point I'm arguing against people who have already posted similiar ideas. First off robbo reading these forums I have only thought of you as a straight thinking, sensible bloke and agree with what you have said in this thread and in others, as paintball does need to be promoted more as it would make it easier for punters to get into the sport. However I hardly take kindly to the fact that I should be killed at the time of my conception and before labelling me please understand what you are labelling me with.
smart arse or know it all would first of all depend on me simply claiming to be right on the sheer basis of my knowledge and that I wouldn't conced a point even when proven wrong by a person with more experience which I haven't.
Like I quoted in my reply to sid I haven't claimed to have much experience of uk paintball and that my observations are simply based on what I have seen so they can be taken with a pinch of salt but they still seem to be the same as your own.
also like with this quote here

I admit that I am wrong in thinking that most of paintball sites increase prices when struggling thus completely doing away with your badly thought out insult.

Now I don't mind if you think I have misunderstood the situation somehow or if you consider my and your views don't correlate (though I don't see how with the wording you've used) but I do mind if you ignore my views and simply proceed to insult me.

Pretty much keeping in sync with the rest of his posts….

For those sensible enough to scroll through that I’ve summarised it into these three words.

Incessant meandering pi$h.