Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is Paintball Expensive?

_d4Mn_

Mar 26, 2017
Corby
by far and away the most expensive hobby is living with my girlfriend. if id have known the true costs going into it, who knows what decision i'd have made!
I hope it was a joke only. If you consider living with your girlfriend as a hobby, there is something very wrong there...peace!

_d4Mn_

Mar 26, 2017
Corby
to be fair to the other activities, they're more priced on a constant half hour of action. Paintball sites tend to spend a fair chunk of time kitting people out, safety briefing, explaining games. The average player is lucky to see 5 or 10 minutes action at a time with a bit of hanging about in between times. if you play 8 games in a day that's somewhere between 40 and 80 minutes of trigger time.

Plus, do you really get away with £40? Buy extra pods and you're upping the price considerably.

Anyway, for regular players like who frequent our beloved forum, take the cost of paintball over a year including marker, tournaments, big games, training etc and it probably does work out expensive. Doesn't matter though, it's still more fun than anything else :D
Thank you! After checking the comparison these were my first thoughts.

There is a reason why paintball is dying out, not rapidly but its happening. If you look back to 10 years ago, paintball was one of the fastest growing sport. A friend of mine runs a site at Rushden (skirmishcentral) and had this chat with him a few weeks ago. He said the same, 10 years ago he had 100+ players / weekend, now he is happy if there is 50. Paintball didnt get less fun, markers are better, technology is more there, but still, it is not growing. I am from central europe and by expeerience I know, "dying out" is more senseable there. Central and Easter countries are poorer, fact. In my homeland 90% of the sites closed down since 2008. If you have less money you gonna cut the more expensive hobbies back first, which I am telling you guys is not gonna be football as the comparison above would suggest... :)

Paintball is not the most expensive thing but it is expensive, no matter if BZ, FatBob or Dye wants to prove the opposite :)

Ben77

Mar 13, 2012
I dont think it's massively expensive... Don't get me wrong, if you go all out and but the top range of everything, yeah it can. However I used to do a lot of motocross, now that's expensive, especially if you come off -.-

Balls of Fury

Cockers Rule.. Matrix Drool
Jul 17, 2017
South London
i don't think its expensive considering the type of hobby it is..

Paintball (woodsball in particular) cant be compared to mass participation sports like football, cricket ect. Its a form of escapism in my view, a day out from the grind, which puts it in a bracket with Golf

Just like golf the equipment you use is up to you, spend as much as your willing to pay.. but the cost of playing is the balls and place you play, 50-100 a day on paint and field,

not any different to a session in the pub and a cab home in my book

Imagine if you were into Motorsport, skiing, cycling or something where the gear costs huge amounts of cash to be competitive