Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Is Paintball Expensive?

Discussion in 'Talking Points' started by BZSammi, Mar 18, 2016.

1. _d4Mn_ Member

_d4Mn_
    Message Count:
    I hope it was a joke only. If you consider living with your girlfriend as a hobby, there is something very wrong there...peace!

2. Trolley Morning Wood - Choppin Down Fools

Trolley
    Message Count:
    Yep, a hobby should be enjoyable haha

mikey1975 likes this.
  3. _d4Mn_ Member

_d4Mn_
    Message Count:
    Thank you! After checking the comparison these were my first thoughts.

There is a reason why paintball is dying out, not rapidly but its happening. If you look back to 10 years ago, paintball was one of the fastest growing sport. A friend of mine runs a site at Rushden (skirmishcentral) and had this chat with him a few weeks ago. He said the same, 10 years ago he had 100+ players / weekend, now he is happy if there is 50. Paintball didnt get less fun, markers are better, technology is more there, but still, it is not growing. I am from central europe and by expeerience I know, "dying out" is more senseable there. Central and Easter countries are poorer, fact. In my homeland 90% of the sites closed down since 2008. If you have less money you gonna cut the more expensive hobbies back first, which I am telling you guys is not gonna be football as the comparison above would suggest... :)

Paintball is not the most expensive thing but it is expensive, no matter if BZ, FatBob or Dye wants to prove the opposite :)

4. TROUTLIPS charlie don't surf

TROUTLIPS
    Message Count:
    after having your gear for me it depends on where you play, walk on 20-30 quid and petrol, large uk game £200-£300 Malwinkel(ebg) £1100-£1400

5. Ben77 Member

Ben77
    Message Count:
    I dont think it's massively expensive... Don't get me wrong, if you go all out and but the top range of everything, yeah it can. However I used to do a lot of motocross, now that's expensive, especially if you come off -.-

6. Balls of Fury Cockers Rule.. Matrix Drool

Balls of Fury
    Message Count:
    i don't think its expensive considering the type of hobby it is..

Paintball (woodsball in particular) cant be compared to mass participation sports like football, cricket ect. Its a form of escapism in my view, a day out from the grind, which puts it in a bracket with Golf

Just like golf the equipment you use is up to you, spend as much as your willing to pay.. but the cost of playing is the balls and place you play, 50-100 a day on paint and field,

not any different to a session in the pub and a cab home in my book

Imagine if you were into Motorsport, skiing, cycling or something where the gear costs huge amounts of cash to be competitive

7. Mark Vickery Member

Mark Vickery
    Message Count:
    In the process of getting into it... not cheap.
    But not nearly as much fun as paintball either