Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball too expensive?

Roquey

Nov 3, 2008
Most i even spent at a rental was about 40 quid :p but saying 'rental' would be wrong i had my own marker :p

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
It's been said before, in terms of playing poaintball it's not too expensive. Pay for travel, and about £50 for a day of playing, it's a bit of money, but could be much more! Most of the cost is in the poaintballs itself.

The real problem i've found is starting poaintball is getting all the equipment! In the last 2 years of starting, i've spent (on a rough calculation of what's in my kit bag at the moment) over a thousand pounds on kit, and that's not including however much on tournament fees, paint, travel costs, hotel costs etc... Now for those in full time employment, that's not so bad, but for a student who only has a part time job on top of having to pay for rent and living costs, as well as the rest, it soon adds up!

So once you've gotten deep into the poaintball life, it's not as expensive as people think, it's just getting to that comfortable stage in the first place

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
It's been said before, in terms of playing poaintball it's not too expensive. Pay for travel, and about £50 for a day of playing, it's a bit of money, but could be much more! Most of the cost is in the poaintballs itself.

The real problem i've found is starting poaintball is getting all the equipment! In the last 2 years of starting, i've spent (on a rough calculation of what's in my kit bag at the moment) over a thousand pounds on kit, and that's not including however much on tournament fees, paint, travel costs, hotel costs etc... Now for those in full time employment, that's not so bad, but for a student who only has a part time job on top of having to pay for rent and living costs, as well as the rest, it soon adds up!

So once you've gotten deep into the poaintball life, it's not as expensive as people think, it's just getting to that comfortable stage in the first place
I can see what you're getting at but getting into it really isn't that expensive. I mean when starting out you don't need pro level equiptment. If your on a budget you can get a gun for £50, bottle for £30, goggles for £15, hopper for £3 and to get going that really all you need. Thats all I started with!

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
to me it's the gear that I feel is expensive. But I understand the reasons why this is the case., I mean, don't others think that £100 for trousers or £130 for a hopper is a bit extreme.
The real problem i've found is starting poaintball is getting all the equipment! In the last 2 years of starting, i've spent (on a rough calculation of what's in my kit bag at the moment) over a thousand pounds on kit,
You can always budget and buy what you can afford. Is there a need to spend that much initially ? absolutely not, unless you want to ofcourse.

you think paintball is expensive, have a good look at some other sports.
Ten pin bowling, it may look cheap to play.
My oldest lad now 19has been playing since he was the age of 5. Ive always supported him, and its almost cost me 3k equipment just for the last few years, training regularly, travel around country , tourney fees add up more than paintball believe me.

End of day, its what you can afford, try not comparing to other sports, if you have the heart to play, you will find a way to play.

Reactions: Welshy onslaught sf

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
Poaintball expense is pretty much relative to your income and domestic outgoings, meaning if you do have your own bills to pay and have a full time job, and a family, then if what you have left isn't much then poaintball can seem expensive.

If however you have quite a bit left over and less responcibilities, i.e. you dont have kids, then paintball is reletively cheap.

As for price of paint, it has barely risen since i used to play back in the early 90's, in rental sites however, while the paint is still reletively cheap per ball, the site owners have come up with a novel way to make you shoot more of it which CAN get really really expensive on the day.

Equipment is still selling at the same price as 15 years ago but with much much better quality and more for your hard earned pound.

All in all, poaintball isn't expensive if you have the spare cash to play it. :)

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
To be fair though. We don't all need new kit, those playing pants, to go down the night before and have that curry and those 10 beers . . the costs add up but only because we choose to make a weekend of it because its with friends who we don't always see regularly or because it gets us away from the routine. Pricey, Yes. Worth it, absolutely.

A case of the heart controlling the wallet.

Reactions: Welshy onslaught sf