Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball too expensive?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The entrance price is normally higher for a walkon than a punter day, basically if you budget £50 - £60 for entrance and a case of paint you're not going to be far off.

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Well most sites will give the walk-on cheaper paint, or for a small fee Bring Your Own

But last time I played was 20 years ago (ish) and price of paint on a punter day was £100 for 2,000.

Last saturday it was £110 for 2,000.

For walk-ons you can add on a few £ for filling your tanks, maybe food.

But in general its cheaper, but then it's less wear and tear on the sites equipment, clothes etc

Each site will price its paint in line with sites near by.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Motifier

Devaztator
Apr 27, 2014
Gear isn't really that expensive compared to alot of other hobbies... but it depends on what markers you want.

Chaos_390

I Like Sporks
Jun 10, 2007
Lincolnshire
It isn't the cheapest of hobbies but once you are only paying for entrance fees, paint and fuel costs it is just as expensive as a lot of other activities out there. I don't think anything is cheap these days!

Henry S

Predator
Jun 5, 2014
East Yorkshire
It all depends on whether you buy your own gear, (if playing competitively) or are willing to play with the default gear, given to everyone (in woods ball).
I think the initial start up cost is expensive, assuming you are wanting to buy your own stuff. But after that you should begin to save money, especially if you purchase reliable items, that could last you years! (marker maintenance is key here)

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Well most sites will give the walk-on cheaper paint, or for a small fee Bring Your Own

But last time I played was 20 years ago (ish) and price of paint on a punter day was £100 for 2,000.

Last saturday it was £110 for 2,000.

For walk-ons you can add on a few £ for filling your tanks, maybe food.

But in general its cheaper, but then it's less wear and tear on the sites equipment, clothes etc

Each site will price its paint in line with sites near by.
The days of sites charging for air fills seems to be behind us thankfully.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I don't think it's fair to price it as a punter if you're playing as a regular own gunner. Yes sites charge what seems a lot per hundred but if you go and spend £40 or £50 on a day out I think that's fair. Go karting costs about £40 for a run out, off road driving, shotgun shooting, zorbing and all those other outdoorsy things you do once in your life cost money too. Most people who come to our site end up paying no more than £40 for a decent day's craic and that gets 700 balls which is enough for anyone shooting a rental marker.

Overall for a new player to get into tournaments, paintball has got cheaper for equipment. £350 will have you a tourney legal setup from top to toe if you spend wisely and buy used..

Playing a tournament, I don't know. I don't reckon Millenniums offer good value for money personally but i find flights etc cost prohibitive from where I live and driving usually isn't a practical option. Last time I played was in Toulouse, so a fair number of years ago and I think the weekend cost me £700. For a few games of paintball that's not good value. A couple of hundred quid would probably see me through a CPPS or big game which isn't bad for a weekend away doing something I enjoy.

I also fly quadcopters and that's not cheap to get started on with decent equipment, my current setup stands me around £1300 but it costs nothing but charging the batteries and fuel for the car to go away for a day's flying.

Everything is relative, at the end of the day if you really want to play paintball, you'll find the money :)

Reactions: Canon Fodder