Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is Ramping on its way out?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Wow I haven't heard this argument in years , with the possible exception of Missy Q anyone claiming they hit 19 bps as an average (rather than the shortest time between two balls on a string) is talking ****..
I think the first few EGO's had a bps part built into the software, and it seemed to me it was measuring the fastest time between two shots and not an average.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
It is all a bit "mine's bigger than yours". When I played the NSPL KoTH division, the gun rules were semi only, uncapped, with limited paint. I shot an 06 Alias and nicked a pot each off my teamates. With the trigger on that thing, I dread to think what RoF I was hitting, but it wasn't just my fingers doing that. Ramping and RoF levels the playing field and makes it easier to police...

Besides, trigger speed is one of the smaller skills these days - where, how and when you shoot the paint is far more important...

Reactions: H and Bolter

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
It is all a bit "mine's bigger than yours". When I played the NSPL KoTH division, the gun rules were semi only, uncapped, with limited paint. I shot an 06 Alias and nicked a pot each off my teamates. With the trigger on that thing, I dread to think what RoF I was hitting, but it wasn't just my fingers doing that. Ramping and RoF levels the playing field and makes it easier to police...

Besides, trigger speed is one of the smaller skills these days - where, how and when you shoot the paint is far more important...
You are not allowed in even Div 4 talking like that! Bluey will relegate you to Div 5!

Reactions: H and Kevin Winter

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
It's the same in every sport as well - everyone harks back to the "golden" days and mourns the loss of skill resulting... in the angling world, there are now remote control boats to deliver your bait for you - and loads loathe them for removing the skill, forgetting that the real skill is to know where to put your rigs,,,

Reactions: H and Bolter

Reptile Smile

Aug 14, 2014
Brizzle
When I stopped playing in 2007, I believe (if memory serves) the ramping cap was 15.4. Out of interest, what were the reasons for it dropping?

Also (while I'm at it) are all leagues standardised now to 10bps, with a 5 bps requirement before ramping starts, with first 3 semi? I thought I'd read somewhere that the lower divs of something were 12bps? Have I got that wrong?

Also, wouldn't it be much fairer to both teams to use guns provided by tourney organisers? You run into probs with the race to format, and with guns going down on the field, but they're hardly insurmountable problems. It would never happen, of course, but - for bigger leagues at least, would be easy. Settings provided in advance, and then if you want to buy that gun to practice with at home, you can set it up like that. The ultimate levelling of playing fields..?

Last edited: