Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is Ramping on its way out?

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Well @H , if your going to bring in your family on this discussion ?? I`m outa here !! ( wink )

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Bluey with all due respect that is rubbish, while people do like uncapped semi, to police the amount of ways it is possible to have an illegal advantage in semi is untrue, also when people can't fire as fast/aren't able to walk the trigger then some of them will look for ways to narrow the gap (as happened in the past), ramping especially now with a kick in and sustain rate of only 5 trigger pulls a second (200 ms apart) means that pretty much every one is equal and there then is far less incentive to cheat with illegal guns.

Reactions: H

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
It`s all been said before, some are very good at Pulling the Trigger at double tapping and some are just downright useless, anybody can pull that trigger in Ramp , Hey my Grandmother can pull that trigger and ramp ?? where`s the skill in that ? now I`m not talking about the playing, just the gun ? to be honest If anyone Can`t pull a trigger in Semi and reach 15bps, then they shouldn`t be in any Div higher than 5,
In the past, not only myself but others within the Team were called out because we could run our fingers to the max, Ref comes screeming over saying out !! because he thought we had a hot gun, then when he tried it, and they did ? found the guns to be just fine, Oh sorry about that ??? The hours and hours of practicing at home to get our fingers going was all part of the learning. This is why the Mode was changed ? because some of the refs then were **** and couldn`t tell the difference between Skill and a Hot gun, I do agree with you about the cheat mode being introduced but we`ve advanced to such a level that most can tell just by the sound now of the Rate of Fire when it`s hot, as long as it`s Capped it should be fine.
I`m quite surprised as of yet that guys wanting it so easy that pulling a trgger and just have it in Auto hasn`t been pushed to be so, I think ( and maybe not yours ) that this alone has taken the fun side of the game out of it, people don`t want to learn and every one of them think they are a Div x 1 player, perhaps play a game , then tell everybody he`s a div x 1 player, never mind the fact he got smashed whilst there. This thread is making me believe maybe it`s time for me to call it a day.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
to be honest If anyone Can`t pull a trigger in Semi and reach 15bps, then they shouldn`t be in any Div higher than 5,
If you think like that, good luck getting your team higher than Div 5. Ive never heard such bollox. 15bps in true semi, no assisted modes is pretty hard to reach by anyones standards. Ive been known to have some of the fastest fingers out there, and Im telling you 16bps is about the max on true semi. Especially these days. I bet no one has practised for speed for years.

I do however agree that fast fingers is a skill, but it is no-where near the top skill you need to win tournaments. Its certainly not something you could grade a team or player on and allocate a division to them.

Reactions: StewartW and H

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Being able to walk the trigger is just about the most boring and silly 'skill' there could be on the paintball field. I got very good at walking the trigger back in the day, but it was still a load of bollocks as many of those us so called experts at it were just taking advantage of bounce. You find me a person who can walk a trigger at 15bps while running to a corner without using bounce or any of the jiggery pokery that guns like Timmys used and I'll eat my hat

Acceptance of ramping was nothing to do with refs being '****' as you put it. They tried, oh god did the NPPL try for many years with the robot and tossing around the idea of standardised boards and other such things but it just didn't work.

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`m not talking about those guns , Pah !! we had Ego`s and Shockers and was on Sup-Air, Bolter :- I helped set up an Indoor paintball site in Corby called Alpha Bravo as I was part of the team putting in the Air system for L&W Compressors, and on the night of opening in front of about 50 x people they asked me to demonstrate the use of the site guns they were using as I said I could reach 11 x balls per second with the site guns = Mech, so they said no way Prove it, and I hooked a chrono up to the gun with me dancing all over the bunkers then showed them the chrono and it was 11 x balls per second, there was a massive wow !! making me feel great, then they asked well if you can do that with a Mech gun what can you do with a Pro gun ( as I call them ) I was shooting 18 bps with my son shooting 19bps ... all in semi ?? Now at the time this was a big deal, because they wanted to know todo with owner guns brought, I gave guide lines in this it doesn`t matter, what I`m trying to say is ... Please !! check this out as it`s on your doorstep , They haven`t forgotten ? <Manager is Rob, It wasn`t that long ago !!
ok , with running and gunning it`ll go down a bit,
I`m now waiting for somebody to post up that 8 x balls a second should be the norm,
comfort zone ??
Anyway , This thread is Not about me , Carry on fella`s > Is Ramping here to stay ??

Last edited:

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Bluey can you pm some details of the site I corby as I only live in kettering, but never heard of this, ooooh the misses will be pleased at not having muddy kit to wash every weekend!

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
I got out of paintball several years ago because the game was loosing something for me. I started with splats, bud pumps, slam fire pumps and then gas mechs like autocockers / automags and then timmy's, (I tricked out several) and from that moment onwards the game only seemed to be about how quick could you fire your lane of paint. The skill's I'd grown up with seemed diminished by the quantity of paint, not quality of play. Now with ramping setting a limit and pump and limited paint all returning, I'm back playing again and really enjoying it. The UWL and woodsball tournies making a come back is all a draw of us old skool ballers.
So I feel ramping has a place in paintball as a way of allowing the skills to return to the sport, like those that Marcus and Robbo taught me so painfully too often, and enabled me to become hopefully a better player not just a rain man paint chucker handing over my cash to the paintball makers.
So is ramping here to stay - YES, but more importantly is ROF capping here also - YES.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Wow I haven't heard this argument in years , with the possible exception of Missy Q anyone claiming they hit 19 bps as an average (rather than the shortest time between two balls on a string) is talking ****..

Reactions: Bolter and H