Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is Reunification still in the cards?

benduh11

Apr 26, 2006
my thoughts

please be gentle as this is my first attempt to post on these forums. i shared some of my ideas with j. stein of the hurricanes and they were digested and psit out but his response was appreciated. i am in no way "deep enough" into the paintball world to know the actual logistics of getting paintball mainstream, or how much it would cost, however as a player and fan, and some what of a sports fanatic i'd like to share some points of view i have.

paintball as an industy right now, is self-sustaining. paintball is supported by paintball players and the like. there is no real base other then the participants. dvds, jerseys...ratings on espn...all from players.

one league is needed. one format. explaining paintball to anyone not a fan is hard enough. to explain that there is 5 man/ 7 man. 100 point system, 1 point scoring...it get ridiculous. you need one thing that stay consistant and that people can follow.

teams need to promote their players. most big league sports generate fans from their players. example...a kid might become a life long laker fan because he saw kobe play one time, and it was amazing. now to be fair i will say that this is already done to a certain extent, but the roster overhauls done on a pretty regular basis is kind of hard to follow unless you are a player. i mean just look at avalanche for christs sake....avalanche became miami effect that became infamous that is the oakland assassins. but there is still an avalnche that took kapp players, and nowe farside players and so and so forth. make it more consistant. atleast try and keep player movement down to the offseason.

outside sponsors need to be had. this sounds easier said than done, but still a reality. has anyone approached athletic gear companies? "hey i'm dynasty, 4 time pro paintball series champs, we'll all wear ike cleats, even buy them from you, can we put the swoosh on our jersies? can we say we're nike sponsored?" i don't know the deatils of how a deal like that would work but i'm pretty sure it could be ironed out. "we're xsv and we'd like to say we wear under armour under our jerseys."

tv deal...well heres my thought. produce one show, only one. film the world cup or what equivalent tournament you want. treat it like the x-games, a 3 day event. film it a mnth before edit the hell out of it. get all the best games and air them. guarantees the best footage and the best poduct. hell the world series of poker is filmed a month before it airs, do something like that. has to keep costs down. and doesn't alow for boring points and what not. paintball is classified as an extreme sport, why not run with it?

some of my statements culd be easily torn a part. and some of them unreasonable. i'm making an attempt atelast. please share your thoughts. i wrote this on break at work and didn't get a chance to read over it so be kind. i'd love to exchange thoughts with the likes of the people in this forum. thanx.