Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

is the future magfed???

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
mag feed is a very very limited market...its would not pay..and paintball sites would make no profit,,,also your a big bunch of girls...who cry if you so much as get shot twice,,,or get paint on your camos,,,LOL...< im smiling >

mag feed games used to be great,, you could use a tac cap.. which is a magazine,,, which as a loading system is way above the well type mags that you stick in the bottom of your gun...

dudes really, stop playing soldiers and come back to playing paintball...lets just have games with limits...or let us have ten shot tubes in our torny guns,,,oh i forgot,, you dont like that,,as then they dont look real and are also far faster to load..

lets have a adult chat about what a magazine is...in my eyes a magazine is any thing that is used to load rounds into your gun/marker.. be it drum / stick / mag / or box...or even hopper..as in bullet hopper...yes the japs had machine guns that you dropped bullets into .. this just sat on top and to one side,,,hey just like a paintball hopper... there are also magazines that come under the barrel and in the butt stock...these are called tube magazines...

so what is a magazine....
I personally agree with you definition of a magazine... But i think its the site owners that are making this silly rules about having to use a proper magazine

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
mag feed is a very very limited market...its would not pay..and paintball sites would make no profit,,,also your a big bunch of girls...who cry if you so much as get shot twice,,,or get paint on your camos,,,LOL...< im smiling >

mag feed games used to be great,, you could use a tac cap.. which is a magazine,,, which as a loading system is way above the well type mags that you stick in the bottom of your gun...

dudes really, stop playing soldiers and come back to playing paintball...lets just have games with limits...or let us have ten shot tubes in our torny guns,,,oh i forgot,, you dont like that,,as then they dont look real and are also far faster to load..

lets have a adult chat about what a magazine is...in my eyes a magazine is any thing that is used to load rounds into your gun/marker.. be it drum / stick / mag / or box...or even hopper..as in bullet hopper...yes the japs had machine guns that you dropped bullets into .. this just sat on top and to one side,,,hey just like a paintball hopper... there are also magazines that come under the barrel and in the butt stock...these are called tube magazines...

so what is a magazine....
Games with limits, that what I wanted from the magfed growth before it was ruined by "it has to be loaded from a box mag in a magwell under the marker and look like an m16 or some other "real firearm". To me a tac cap on a ripclip is the same as a springfeed, the sort of next logical step. Hopefull magfed will split between the folk who want to play "soldier" and the folk who just wanted a change of pace. On another note why do magfeeders moan about normal paintball games, its not that impossible to play with a magfed marker at a normal game, yes you will get shot a lot at first but get over it!

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Games with limits, that what I wanted from the magfed growth before it was ruined by "it has to be loaded from a box mag in a magwell under the marker and look like an m16 or some other "real firearm". To me a tac cap on a ripclip is the same as a springfeed, the sort of next logical step. Hopefull magfed will split between the folk who want to play "soldier" and the folk who just wanted a change of pace. On another note why do magfeeders moan about normal paintball games, its not that impossible to play with a magfed marker at a normal game, yes you will get shot a lot at first but get over it!
I do agree some magfed people are trying to make use like soldiers with realistic markers, and dressing like them which is a step too far..

Although i dis-agree with your last statement.. When i use my dye dam with first strikes, i can happily pick off people from a great distance.. And following this, at the last few walkons i have used my hammer 7, and still kicked all the guys with hoppers butts.

Reactions: kudosbudo

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I embraced the idea of magfed for a while, but there are some major problems with it.

First, as mentioned by Gommie, the split in opinion over what constitutes a magfed marker. I subscribe to the idea that it's about creating a level playing field - so the appearance of the gun is irrelevant. If people want to play with candy pink anodised Ego LV1s or Luxes with 10 shot feeds, then that's fine with me, however a lot of people treat magfed as equating to milsim and insist upon 'realistic' guns only, their loss.

Second, First Strike. I can just about accept people shooting FS in an open event against players using hoppers - as the advantage gained in terms of range and accuracy cancels out most (all?) of the disadvantage of having only 10 or 20 shots before needing to reload. In magfed-only games however, anyone unable to afford the cost of FS paint is put at a huge disadvantage. It's bad enough to make me avoid magfed-only events where FS is permitted. Also, I've seen some videos where people say the impact is similar to a standard ball, however practical experience has taught me that's rubbish - they hurt a LOT more!

Third, the equipment. Magfed guns are in general, rubbish. Spring feeding paint against gravity is a stupid idea at the best of times, so the feed systems will always be less practical than a normal gravity fed marker, however even taking that into account, the range of magfed equipment is god-awful. You've got blow-back relics from the early 90s than need springs swapped to change velocity, basic spool valves that make the Ion look state of the art, sometimes-iffy conversion kits for overly weighty and poor performing scenario guns and the general use of poor quality materials and poor tolerances. Even top-end fare like the Dye DAM is dodgy and doesn't even use a Matrix drivetrain, despite the name!

Despite the fact that decent gravity-fed guns can be had from £120 upwards and offer consistently reliable performance for case after case of paint, people are still forking out hundreds for shoddily made, archaic designs that they're lucky to shoot 200 paint through without getting a break or chop.......and don't even get me onto the 'oh I prefer mechs, they're so much more reliable than those fancy electronic guns' crowd - I mean, REALLY? You've got pro teams reliably shooting hundreds of thousands of balls through their Egos, DMs, Luxes in every kind of weather, yet they're still not considered as reliable as some god-awful cast aluminium blowback without a velocity adjuster?

Sorry, went off on one a bit there - to sum up, I like the idea of magfed - or more specifically limited-paint events, but there's too many downsides to it at present.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
I do agree some magfed people are trying to make use like soldiers with realistic markers, and dressing like them which is a step too far..

Although i dis-agree with your last statement.. When i use my dye dam with first strikes, i can happily pick off people from a great distance.. And following this, at the last few walkons i have used my hammer 7, and still kicked all the guys with hoppers butts.
Ha!, its just me then that gets shot out a lot!
Owens gun, in case anyone wanted to see.

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
If you like the idea of limited ammo but not the strict definition of 'MagFed' then maybe Limited Loader is more your thing.

Encompassing whatever marker you want to use. Whatever clothing you want to wear.

Only criteria is limited loader capacity, so mags, tubes, tac caps and mini hoppers.

www.facebook.com/groups/limitedloader

Last edited: