Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

is the future magfed???

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Personally, some of the best games I have EVER played in where limited paint tourneys back when the sport was all about fun rather than money and sponsored teams. Means you have have to be more tactical about your shoes and targets, rather than spray and pray as the Americans say. Having the ability to fire at 25 bps doesn't make you a great player, the game is being ruined by ramping markers that fire at such great rates with no control from the player. These days the electronics take care of it all, who really knows how to pull a mech trigger. The question should not be mag fed or hopper, it should be whether to limit the rate of fire and the paint players Cary in each game
thats true mate.. these days soo many people have the chance to just spray and it ruins the game for everyone else.. i think they should have 20 round hoppers :p
I think we will probably see .50 cal come in before mag fed really kicks off!
maybe, but magfed is already gooing up.. look at what missyq has already said

wjdunk

Feb 14, 2012
it has its place and obviously has an impact on the cost of attending a paintball event, but i suppose there is some trade off with the paint sales/ticket costs to consider.
The game at Paint Fort a few weeks ago there was lots of comments about how clean the site was for a paintball site, the upshot of that is that the site is played weekly, but its mostly tac caps and magfed hence the cleanliness. We didnt leave it as clean as we found it :)

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
it has its place and obviously has an impact on the cost of attending a paintball event, but i suppose there is some trade off with the paint sales/ticket costs to consider.
The game at Paint Fort a few weeks ago there was lots of comments about how clean the site was for a paintball site, the upshot of that is that the site is played weekly, but its mostly tac caps and magfed hence the cleanliness. We didnt leave it as clean as we found it :)
haha i bet!! and true mate.. cleaner, and cheaper.. big positives for some people :p

Rich H

Aug 29, 2002
Cambridge
I agree that magfed is good for the game, offering a different more realistic style of play for those who want it, and as a lot of you say, a more cost effective way for people to play. However, if people are not spending as much money on their paint as they do currently, sites are not going to sell as much, which then means their paint distributors/manufacturers are also not going to sell as much paint as they are currently. Paintballs will just become more expensive. If you use half the amount you do now, paint manufacturers are going to have to up their prices to meet their current profit levels.

I know it won't happen like this as not all paintballers will end up shooting the lesser amount of paint as magfed players, but if it was to be 'the future' then I can't see it staying as a more cost effective way for long.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I agree that magfed is good for the game, offering a different more realistic style of play for those who want it, and as a lot of you say, a more cost effective way for people to play. However, if people are not spending as much money on their paint as they do currently, sites are not going to sell as much, which then means their paint distributors/manufacturers are also not going to sell as much paint as they are currently. Paintballs will just become more expensive. If you use half the amount you do now, paint manufacturers are going to have to up their prices to meet their current profit levels.

I know it won't happen like this as not all paintballers will end up shooting the lesser amount of paint as magfed players, but if it was to be 'the future' then I can't see it staying as a more cost effective way for long.
I can understand we're you are coming from but, remember we are only on about scenario people.. Tourney would t be affected :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I can understand we're you are coming from but, remember we are only on about scenario people.. Tourney would t be affected :)
The OP is directed at the future of scenario and how magfed may or may not affect it

Tournament style players do come to scenarios, so if magfed took over scenario then it would affect those tournament players.
They either could not play scenario or would have to get magfed gear as well or rent it

I would say its a no, and it won't take over
But there is a growing market for magfed.
It has quietly been around in the uk for a long time and is firmly established in its own community, the magfed crowd have made a visual impact at some scenarios and 'experiences' over the last couple of years
Dye have come into the market, hammer 7s have brought an excellent marker for little money
There have been other recent developments, but these 2 have made a sudden large impact

Magfed markers have hit the uk mainstream and I would say its here to stay, certainly for a while
Pumps have quietly been around the scene for a while and there are many events running pump & pistol elements
Magfed has cropped up for the main event now
Whether it stays strong enough to hold its own will be seen in time, but I'm sure there will be players willing to use mags in normal events
The option to switch mag & hopper on the dam and the hammer will keep these active in players armouries for longer then dedicated magfed markers

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
The OP is directed at the future of scenario and how magfed may or may not affect it

Tournament style players do come to scenarios, so if magfed took over scenario then it would affect those tournament players.
They either could not play scenario or would have to get magfed gear as well or rent it

I would say its a no, and it won't take over
But there is a growing market for magfed.
It has quietly been around in the uk for a long time and is firmly established in its own community, the magfed crowd have made a visual impact at some scenarios and 'experiences' over the last couple of years
Dye have come into the market, hammer 7s have brought an excellent marker for little money
There have been other recent developments, but these 2 have made a sudden large impact

Magfed markers have hit the uk mainstream and I would say its here to stay, certainly for a while
Pumps have quietly been around the scene for a while and there are many events running pump & pistol elements
Magfed has cropped up for the main event now
Whether it stays strong enough to hold its own will be seen in time, but I'm sure there will be players willing to use mags in normal events
The option to switch mag & hopper on the dam and the hammer will keep these active in players armouries for longer then dedicated magfed markers
I can't agree more mate.. Are you a Magfed player?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
In a way I do like the IDEA of a mag fed marker in a mag fed only game. I don't fancy taking on a squad of lads with tourney markers though.

The reality is I don't get to play as often as I'd like, I enjoy pumping out a few thousand rounds every once in a while :)

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
In a way I do like the IDEA of a mag fed marker in a mag fed only game. I don't fancy taking on a squad of lads with tourney markers though.

The reality is I don't get to play as often as I'd like, I enjoy pumping out a few thousand rounds every once in a while :)
Hahaa magfed vs tourney would be interesteing.. especially if they have first strikes.. and same mate although i do see my wallet drain as i do soo :/

wjdunk

Feb 14, 2012
a game scenario could be built around limited ammo (magfed,pump or tac-caps) with each team having a number of heavy gunners who would be running normal playing gear. its about giving the players what they want i guess.