Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

is the future magfed???

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
this is a question i have been asking myself about scenario paintball..

Up until 2 months ago i would have argued that the answer to this is no, but over the last 2 months i have got a magfed marker and think its greatt.

Now a few different people have be saying yes and no.. but i am wondering what the whole of the community thinks?? do you recon it is the way forwards?? or will rip-clips and hopper carry on as the main use of ball feeding??

Reactions: Richard Newman

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Personally i can't see the point of mag fed unless you want to play milsim, and if you think about it if it was possible to have in real life assault rifles and the such that could easily carry and feed a couple of hundred rounds you wouldn't choose to use a magazine that only holds 30 rounds would you.

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
What magfed marker did you get? I have looked into it and do really want to try it, like the idea of a more tactful style of play, rather than the prey and spray I saw a lot of when I did play scenario...

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
yes i do agree with you in a way.. but if assault rifles had 100+ bullets then there skill at shooting may decrease.. for example.. i used to use a A5 and TM15, which were great guns but i wasted ammo.. scince goin magfed, within the short space of time i am more accurate and getting more kills..
Personally i can't see the point of mag fed unless you want to play milsim, and if you think about it if it was possible to have in real life assault rifles and the such that could easily carry and feed a couple of hundred rounds you wouldn't choose to use a magazine that only holds 30 rounds would you.
and i got a T68 as my first magfed... which is in the forsale section for 200.00 quid ;).... but now i have a milsig marker.. and its alot more tacful and personally i think it improves play performance

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
^^^^^
What magfed marker did you get? I have looked into it and do really want to try it, like the idea of a more tactful style of play, rather than the prey and spray I saw a lot of when I did play scenario...

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
An astute question.
The stats say yes. The speedball guys will always say no, but they live in a constant state of denial anyway...

Sales in the industry this year back up the fact that magfed is going to be playing a much larger part in the future of paintball. By the start of May this year I sold 1800 more magfed guns than I did by the same time last year. Its the largest trasition in the last 3 years and it doesn't look like slowing down. Personally I'm only really interested in playing mag-fed paintball these days. It's a lot of fun, no-one gets overshot, and there's a lot more strategy involved. Plus - The loader has always looked ridiculous.
Even the kids agree that paintball is much more COD once you have to change your mags.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
I'd say yes, however there are always going to be punters playing scenario, and sites and never going to limit the amount of paint punters use as it is less money for themselves. It's definitely increasing in popularity though, that's for sure. :)

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
An astute question.
The stats say yes. The speedball guys will always say no, but they live in a constant state of denial anyway...

Sales in the industry this year back up the fact that magfed is going to be playing a much larger part in the future of paintball. By the start of May this year I sold 1800 more magfed guns than I did by the same time last year. Its the largest trasition in the last 3 years and it doesn't look like slowing down. Personally I'm only really interested in playing mag-fed paintball these days. It's a lot of fun, no-one gets overshot, and there's a lot more strategy involved. Plus - The loader has always looked ridiculous.
Even the kids agree that paintball is much more COD once you have to change your mags.
Blimy thats alot.. Are you selling more magfed or standard scenario guns at the moment mate?? And its a lot more fun i agree

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Replacing normal paintball - no, or not for a long time
Becoming much bigger - decimate yes

At any scenario game today you will see a mixture of magfed, pump, pistol etc up against mechanicals and speedballers
Going up against a paint sprayer you find yourself on the wrong end of the paint so often, but the satisfaction of the one time you come off best is worth it

Different games are coming up more regularly and now the magfed player can buy to meet any budget

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
It's something I would definitely want to try - maybe not invest in a setup, but I totally get the appeal of being able to aim-down-sights and have a bit of a more theatrical experience with mag changes and all that.